Kaden has informed us that he no longer wants to play soccer. We encouraged him to keep trying, but he insisted. Bryan and I have promised each other that we would never force our kids to do something extra like that if they don't want to do it anymore. So, Kaden has finished the season and is done with soccer for now. I asked him what he would like to do, and he replied, "Art!" Kaden is so creative and talented with all things artistic, so I was thrilled that he wanted to have art lessons. However, finding affordable art lessons for a child is rather difficult around here, so I wasn't sure how to proceed. I was then informed that our local art museum has a thing called "Kids Art Thursdays" and it is free! Each week we can go to the museum and do a number of art projects like drawing, painting, clay making, and even seasonal projects that they have available to try. This has been a huge hit with Kaden. He loves everything he can do there, and is always excited when it is Thursday. I have enjoyed watching him blossom in his skill and creativity. He amazes me. He has also been into making books here at home. He illustrates and captions them and then we put them together for him to read to us. So proud of him!

















No comments:
Post a Comment