After we were all ready, we headed to the park where we had a fabulous day. It rained on and off which kept us cool, and there were no lines!!! We would walk right up to everything. It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Sometimes there would be only one other person on a roller coaster with us!
Riding the train was Kade's favorite part. We did it many times. It was perfect when it was raining!
Aren't they precious?
Ok, one more action shot because it's so cute!
Friday morning we slept in again (I love that my kids love to sleep!!) and then we had breakfast from Shipley's. Our vacations often center around good eats and this trip did not disappoint! After our slow morning, we did some shopping at my favorite store, and at some of the outlet stores. We also visited Jeff at his store before meeting him for a late lunch at our favorite restaurant, Mamacitas! After our lunch we headed to Austin to stay with my Dad's cousin Vicki. While there we had a lot of time to visit which was really nice. We also got to go see my cousin Rachel's new twin babies. They were sooo sweet and I was so glad to meet them!
MK wearing her new overalls I made her.

Some of the onesies I made the boys.
Bryan, Me, Rachel, and Shane with the kiddos minus one!
Saturday we woke up and went down the street to see a neighborhood 4th of July parade. The kids enjoyed waving and seeing all of the dogs with cute patriotic bandanas on. When we were all ready to go we headed to the Texas Memorial Museum to see dinosaur bones and fossils! The kids had a great time running around looking at everything! After that, Jeff met us for lunch again. I had forgotten my pillow at the hotel and he was kind enough to bring it to us so we wouldn't have to drive back to SM. After lunch we hugged him goodbye and headed home. It was cloudy, but no rain on the way home which was nice! We stopped in Brady for an ice cream treat before making it the rest of the way. The kids did great on the drive and now they are in bed asleep! I'm so thankful for the great trip we got to have, and all of the wonderful family we got to spend time with! It was the perfect little getaway.





1 comment:
In the Wiggle's World, in the Wiggle's World...already missing Fiesta Texas and I just went at Christmas. Not sure how I like NC yet but then I haven't been trying just unpacking boxes and buying stuff for the house--they took every curtain and left $2 blinds!
Love seeing your family at my favorite place!
Post a Comment