Tuesday, August 17

Fantasy Football Draft Weekend

I believe this was our 6th annual draft weekend. We all look forward to it every year. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you can read about it HERE. We have a league every year, and some time in August, we get the league together to draft our teams. I am happy to say that I know even more about the players this year because I have been doing my homework. Bryan has been doing it for even longer, so he is always full of advice, tips, and of course, useless trivia. I humor him by listening to him...sometimes. :)

Anyways, our fantasy draft weekends are always full of family, friends, good food, and tons of fun. This weekend did not disappoint. In fact, I think it was the best year yet! My brother got to join us (he wouldn't miss it!) and our friends Steve and Debbie, that we consider family, joined us as well. We also got to have a surprise birthday party for Debbie this year. She never saw it coming. It was great! The kids just love spending time with everyone. In fact, MK kept wanting Debbie to take her potty. Oh what a thrill!

The draft went pretty well. Bryan and I are pretty happy with our team. There were 3 people that we were trying to draft that someone took right before we did...but so is the luck of the draw! ;) I think we will do well anyway, and there are always opportunities to trade.

Saturday night was a ton of fun. We all stayed up pretty late playing games. Jeff and Steve rocked out on the Wii Guitar Hero, while Debbie, Dad, Bryan, Erin, and I played some Nertz. Around midnight, my dad (possibly the only person with a brain), went to bed and then Jeff joined us at the Nertz table. Steve kept up on the guitar and was doing fantastic by the end of the evening...or shall I say morning. We were laughing it up at the Nertz table. You know, those belly laughs that leave you crying? It felt so good. We swapped stories, ate snacks, played hard, and before we knew it, it was 3:30 in the morning. Holy cow! I knew we had to get up early to get the church the next morning so we quickly got the kids and went home to sleep for a few hours. It was worth it though. I haven't had that much fun in awhile, and those are simply some of the best kind of memories. We love our time with Jeff, Steve, and Debbie!

I have not had many pictures to share on the blog lately, so I finally got some this weekend. Enjoy!


We were celebrating Debbie's birthday this weekend, but of course, they are so sweet and brought the kids gifts!


Yay for puzzles! They love them!

Sweet Hugs!

Surprise Debbie!

Singing Happy Birthday

The princess must wear a tiara!

Goofing off!

Presents!

I loved these napkins!

Yummy cake and ice cream and blowers.

Birthday girl

The guitar master.

Time for the draft!

Getting my baby fix. Isn't she cute?

The sweet Catt family!

MK playing with Brielle.

The kids enjoying snacks with Steve and my mom talking strategy!

Comfy in our jammies. Kaden had a "headache" and needed a band-aid.

Rock on

Nertz!

I would just like to say that I dominated this weekend! I love to play Nertz, so come join us some time...if you are brave enough! Haha! ;)

3 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

I'd LOVE to play Nertz w/ you!! Heck, I'd love to just hang out with period!

Fullerton Family said...

Ps- I am totally brave enough and also pretty competitive ; )

Carrie said...

haha "someone" took your picks! Im glad we can still be friends! haha ;)