Thursday, April 14

Catching Up!

I have definitely been neglecting my blog lately. I am tired, overwhelmed, and not feeling the greatest. When I do have time I would rather spend it with my family, working on church stuff, or sewing/bow making. A lot of really exciting things have been happening at the church, and have needed my time lately. We had a very successful children's fundraiser the first weekend in April. We had a chili cook-off with 8 competitors. While church members enjoyed chili they watched our children perform in a talent show. Can I just say that those kids amaze me? Children as young as 5 were standing up in front of 100+ people, singing, playing instruments, dancing, and even telling jokes. They were all so precious! We also had a silent auction that helped raised significant funds for the children's ministry! We are planning to make this an annual event.

We are gearing up for our Children's Spring musical on May 1. They have been working so hard learning their music, motions, and lines. I am very proud of them! We will also have an Easter celebration next week for all of the kids. Big things are planned from live Bible stories, crafts, games, and an Easter egg hunt. Sunday School and InsideOut are in beginning to wrap up for the year, but are still going strong. Besides these things, we have also been working hard to plan VBS and Camp for the summer! Phew! So many wonderful things. I'm busy, but I LOVE my job!

Things with Bryan are super busy too. Unfortunately, he is dealing with a robbery that happened at the pharmacy last week. Over $20,000 in drugs were stolen. Whoa! He has been working hard to find out all that was stolen and total it up. So sad! Bryan also stays busy helping with the college kids and with the children's ministry. He is such a big help to me and I appreciate him so much!

Kaden is doing very well in school and is really going to miss his teacher next year. He loves drawing pictures for her and talking about her. Crush, maybe?? We are excited that he will be starting kindergarten next year. Say what? Yes, my little boy is going to be 5 next month!! How did that happen? I'm not sure. I'm so proud of how smart he is though, and am enjoying his artistic nature. Drawing, painting, singing, playing instruments...you name it, it's up his alley! I have also really loved his questions and thoughts about the Lord lately. He's doing a lot of thinking about what it means to be "good" and what God has done for us. My favorite memory of last week was when I overheard him singing a song he made up: "Jesus loves you, Yes I Know! Even when you do bad things your Mommy and Daddy still love you. Jesus does too. Oooooooo..." It was great!

We are not as fond of Mary-Kate's teacher at Sierra Vista, but she is still doing well in school. In fact, they moved her into an older class at Southland to make room for some of the younger ones and she is really excelling. She is really enjoying gymnastics too, and I can't tell you how amazed I am at the things she can do! She is growing strong, and tall, and more beautiful every day. She will be 3 next month (Wow, my baby!) and she has such a sense of humor that she makes us laugh all the time! I also love that she is still a cuddler. MK is glad to snuggle in your arms and get a hug or two! I don't want her to outgrow that any time soon! Her teacher at SV calls her bossy, but I see some great leadership qualities developing in her. She is a big helper!

Kaden singing in preschool choir in church.

Trying not to disturb anyone while doing motions.

Modeling one of my new applique bandana dresses for me.


Ta Da!
Speaking of new dresses, things are going really well with Dimples & Dots. I have really been enjoying creating new bows and dresses lately. Specifically some new applique bandana dresses. I am set to have a kiosk again next month and am already working hard to build up my stock again. I'm so fortunate to be able to do so many things that I love.

We were thrilled to go to the opening of our new library last week. We are so amazed! It is beautiful and the children's area is so functional now! It's a huge space with lots of fun things just for kids! They even have cubby holes in the wall that the kids can crawl into to read books.

Gathering for the ribbon cutting. I think Bryan looks nice in a pink backpack.

Such cuties!

View from the second floor.

They have a program where every Tuesday, the kids can come read to these therapy dogs. The kids enjoyed petting them. Look at how brave MK is!

One of the cubbies.

Even Daddies can fit in the cubbies.

Reading!

More reading!

Who would have thought that this,

and this,

could turn into this,

and this!?

MK is getting chomped on by an alligator!

Reading with a best friend!

Granddad fits pretty nicely too!

Here are some other random pics:

MK at Kade's soccer practice.

Playing at the park.

There was this safety thing at the mall where the kids got to sit on police motorcycles and they even gave them free bicycle helmets.


Enjoying a cupcake at a birthday party.

Yum!

Balloon swords!

Hmmm, what else have we been up to? I think I will finish this post with bullet points. :o)

* Kaden is doing well in soccer. He has improved tremendously this year. We are just working on his aggression now. Funny that I am actually trying to teach my son to be a little mean. He is too nice out there!

* I'm going on a Women's retreat this weekend, and really looking forward to it. It's in New Braunfels at T Bar M, one of my most favorite places! It's going to be great to get away, relax, bond with some women, and have some time to really reflect on some things God has been showing me!

* The kid's birthday party is coming up in a few weeks and I am super excited. We are having a Pirates and Fairies (Neverland) theme this year. I think it will be the last year that we will have a joint party. :(

* Kaden and Mary-Kate have been asked to be a ring bearer and flower girl in a wedding in May. It will be their first time ever and they are pretty excited. I am excited for them but mostly hoping things go off without a hitch! One thing is for sure, they are going to look adorable and I can't wait to see how all the planning for the wedding comes together!

* Our AC bit the dust last week. I guess now is better than mid-August or something, but there is never a fun time to dish out money for something like that. A new one should be in place by early next week. Praise the Lord for amazing parents like mine that have offered their extra bedrooms for us to sleep in!

Ok, if you made it that far, good for you! So much is going on. I will try to keep up with it more...we'll see if it happens! Ha!

1 comment:

Carey said...

You are awesome. That is all.