Sunday, March 27

In the Mall

I got to have a kiosk in the mall again this weekend. It has been about a year since I did it last. I wanted to put my business on the back burner while I was getting acclimated to my new job. I feel like I am now at a point where I can do a little more with Dimples & Dots here and there. As always, the mall was full of very interesting people. I enjoy my time that I get to be there, but I am always glad when it's over too. There is only so much weird that I can deal with! ;)

Here is how it looked the night we set up.

From the side.

Some sweet little visitors on Saturday.

My sweet boy! I had to miss his first soccer game of the Spring. :( Bryan said he did great though!

Ok, onto some of the interesting parts of the weekend. Some of my bows were shoplifted this time which makes me sad. I tried to watch everybody closely, but I don't want to be hovering. Who in the world steals bows anyways? Sheesh! I also had the typical weird comments like, "Are these for like, humans?" or "So, everything here is a dollar?" (Uh, no...Just the clearance basket.) or "Oh, I thought they were for dogs." I also had a guy try to lie to me and tell me that he was buying the infant hats when they were clearly the adult size. When I told him they weren't infant hats he threw them down and walked off...um, ok. Oh, and I know I have issues with germs and hand washing and all, but this really freaked me out...

2 things: First, yes that is a real dog these people have in the mall...and second, they are sitting on a trash can. YUCK! Hello?!? Do you realize the germs that are on this rim? I watched people spit in it, throw away trash, and you don't even want to know what the janitor did to it. Let's just say it was nasty and the thought of touching it, much less sitting on it was gross to me.

Overall, it was another great experience though. There were many good parts to the weekend. So many people are so kind and were excited about my products. I'm thankful for friends and family that helped me with kids, breaks, providing food, visiting, or even doing some shopping. I am very blessed and thankful!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Your set up looked great! So sorry to hear that some of your bows were lifted.

Kasey Gonzales said...

Okay, first off, I gotta say that should totally be your facebook profile picture - you look GORGEOUS!! Second, your kiosk looks great and I hope you had some good business (even if you had to be patient with some interesting characters ha!). Before I have kids I should probably work on my complete lack of germ-o-phobia - probably shouldn't admit it, but I'd sit on that trashcan...ewww I know.

Carrie said...

so excited for you that you are getting to pick this up more again! :)