Monday, March 14

San Marcos Trip

Once again, we got to take a fun trip to San Marcos to visit Uncle Jeff and do some shopping! My Mom decided to come too, so she ended up taking Mary-Kate on Friday morning. Bryan and I had stayed behind with Kaden because he had a program at school that day. (More on that later.) We left about lunch time and joined Ya Ya and Mary-Kate at the hotel in San Marcos. Our first stop, of course, was our favorite restaurant, Mamacitas!! :) I was really craving some green sauce and tortilla soup! After dinner we did some shopping with Jeff (Thanks for your amazing discount!) and then went back to the hotel to watch a movie and hang out. Just spending time together laughing and talking is one of my favorite things.

The next morning we got up and headed to Wonder World to ride the train and feed the deer. Thanks to my Dad and his connections we got a complimentary ride with just our family. The kids loved the train ride and how it went through a waterfall. Kaden enjoyed feeding the deer...MK, not so much! She curled up as far away from them as they stuck their heads on the train looking for food. It was a lot of fun though. We spent the rest of the day shopping, eating, playing at the park, and hanging out.

The next morning we got up and had a leisurely morning. We spent some time at the nature center at Aquarena Springs, which use to be a theme park back in the day. In fact, Bryan and I both spent time there as kids and have us posing in front of the same statue as young kids. I will have to see if I can find those pictures anywhere... After time there we spent some time walking around some beautiful fountains and bridges on campus. The kids loved running free, looking at the ducks and turtles, playing with sticks, and singing songs. After a yummy lunch we hit the road again and were home before dark.

Our weekends in San Marcos pass way too quickly! The kids always love their time with Uncle Jeff and wish to seem him often. If only we could spend more time with him. All in all, it was a great trip, and a great kick off to our Spring Break week. I am planning fun things to do with the kids to keep us entertained for the break and plan on blogging them this week. Stay tuned! ;) On to the pics...

The Wonder World Train

Ready to go!

The cover comes out and parts the waterfall so we can go through it!

Turkeys! "Gobble Gobble"


The peacocks were so beautiful. We used to hear them crying at our old house.


It cracked me up when the tour guide said these guys were the equivalent to teenagers. They will eventually grow into their beautiful feathers.

Feeding the deer. He was so brave!


Play time at the park.


Mom and I ran into Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for a minute Saturday night and we saw some very yummy looking things. A gummy bear the size of my mom's head. I was totally wanting to try it, but didn't want to pay $10 for it!!

They have the greatest candy apples!

And now they have adorable kid ones too!

Pausing for a quick moment!

Jeff and Mom at breakfast

The aquarium at Aquarena Springs.





Silly Uncle Jeff


Looking at the old submarine where Ralph the pig used to swim.

The Wetlands Boardwalk

I love that MK was obsessed with sticks and leaves.

We saw a Blue Heron

See the turtle?


Love this!

And this!

And this!!

A Momma and her ducklings.

I was cracking up when I noticed that my initials were carved into the table where we ate lunch. I swear I didn't do it!! :)

The kids were soo tired from the time change, so we kept them happy with Dora on Netflix,

and games on the iphone.


Here are some videos from our trip.


No comments: