Thursday, August 25

Vacation Part 1

It is finally time to blog our vacation pics. We had such an amazing time, I cannot even describe it. Normally, we are ready to come home after we have been gone for awhile, but not this trip. We could have stayed another week! When my parents asked if we wanted to join them in California for Dad's conference last January, we were thrilled. I knew that a Disneyland trip would have to be on the agenda too. I love that place! As soon as I left day camp on Friday, July 29th we loaded up the vehicle and our trip began. We drove to Austin first, where we met Jeff for dinner. I'll do the rest of the story telling through pictures. I took lots of them, as usual! :)

Headed to Austin...MK is so silly.

5:15 am came a little too early for MK.

Kade was ready to go though!

Boarding the plane.

Ready to fly.





These Trunki's were amazing. It is the size of a carry on, and then the kids could just ride them through the airport. No messing with a stroller!

Cousin Jessica with the kids at Huntington Beach, CA!

The water was cold!!!

Kade wasn't so sure about the water.

The waves were strong and cold!

Running from the waves.


Family Pic

The waves would knock the kids down.

But they loved it!


They definitely preferred the warm sand though.







Buried Alive!

We got to go boogie boarding and it was so much fun! I have "done it" before, but apparently I have never done it right. When I caught that first wave I realized this. When you catch it right it hurtles you towards the shore super fast. I am not a fan of swimming in the ocean, but this was awesome!

My body is definitely older now than the first time I did it. I felt everything I did that night!










That evening we went to our hotel in Anaheim. It was condo style and gorgeous!

The kids just love Jessica!

Eating at Bubba Gump's with the Neighbors! Our waiter was actually an actor in the movie The suite life of Zach and Cody. He was one of the evil twins!


Uncle Doug and MK hit it off!

Ok, more pics to come!! :)

No comments: