Wednesday, August 10

Kaden's Surgery


We are back from our wonderful vacation, and I will be blogging about it soon, I just wanted to catch up on my last blog before then. At the end of June, Kaden had his tonsils and adenoids out. It was a rough recovery, but he is doing fantastic now. I'm glad we had the perfect time to do it before our vacation and school starts. It is hard to believe my baby boy is starting kindergarten in less than 2 weeks. Wow!!


Here is Kaden before his surgery.

Here he is after. Poor thing!

He had a hard time after he woke up. He was sick a lot and crying and in and out of sleep. One of the times he woke up, he got a Bumble Bee from Ya Ya and Granddad.

I could tell he was excited even though he felt bad. He put him next to him to sleep too.

Hadn't been sick in an hour or so, and feeling much better.

His chariot to the car!

The nurses said he was the sweetest patient and hated to see him leave.

Kaden was under house arrest for two whole weeks! It was hard, but we made it through. Days 4-10 were definitely the hardest. He was in a lot of pain and had trouble taking his medicine. He spent a lot of time sleeping and eating popsicles.

Here is one of his best friends visiting him!

Here is the first time he felt like eating something solid--A bean and cheese burrito!!

Fortunately, Kaden's sleep apnea is gone now. He is so quiet when he sleeps we often times have to check and make sure he is still breathing. Very different from when we used to hear him snoring from the other side of the house. He is also an exceptional eater now too. Poor baby apparently had trouble swallowing things and that's part of why he was a picky eater. Praise the Lord for a good, strong, healthy little boy! I'm so proud of how well he did. Hopefully we won't have to go through this with MK one day, but I won't worry about that just yet!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Goodness, my heart just breaks to see him lying in that hospital bed. I'm so glad the outcome made it worth it in the end.