- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The kids have finally adjusted and are doing really well in school! MK has stopped crying when I drop her off, and Kade has been excited to go. I have also gotten feedback from the teachers that they both are doing well throughout the day. They are polite and kind, and both are smart. Yay! Every mother wants to hear that! It has been so fun to watch Kade soak everything up, as well as continue to work on things at home with him. He is definitely showing signs of readiness for reading. He wants to know what everything "starts with," and when we sound it out, he is able to tell me the letters. He is also writing some short words, besides his name.
The other day he was writing letters and I asked him to tell me what he had spelled. (He hadn't spelled any real words.) "It says red, Mommy." I just laughed and said, "well you used the color red, but it doesn't spell red." He then said, "yes it does mommy, look," and right in front of my eyes he writes r-e-d. "See, RED! You spell it r-e-d." I love those moments when he surprises me with what he knows.
Although I love watching him learn things from school, it is absolutely precious to watch him learn his Bible stories, memory verses, and to say prayers. He is so inquisitive, and what a joy to be able to share God's truths with him!
Kade is also thriving in his music time. In fact, in the beginning when he was having a rough time with all the "new," they said that the only thing that cheered him up was his music class. He comes home and sings all of his songs for us, as well as makes up his very own. He is so creative! Just yesterday he sang me a song about Sally. Unfortunately, Sally was going down the road and was run over by a car...but then Jesus came and put her on a donkey and he took her to the hospital where he saved her. Glad Jesus was there to help! :) He also sang a song about a girl named Brielle who went to eat dinner, then to the mall, then to Lowe's. I have got to get some of these songs on video to share!
Kade is also doing great in soccer. I swear I was ready to throw in the towel, but perseverance has paid off. He is not great by any means, but he is out there having fun, and giving it his all. He is also too darn cute in the ginormous uniform and tall socks. I love that the weather is getting more bearable now. Cool mornings and mild afternoons are much better than sweating in 100 degree temps. :)
That's Kade going after the ball. He is hidden behind the other player.
I was laughing so hard at Bryan's face here. Kade needed a potty break during the middle of the game. Nothing is ever predictable with young ones! :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mary-Kate is also excelling in her class. Her teacher said that most things are a review for her. She already knows all of her colors and can count to at least 10. She is loving being a leader and a helper to her teacher as well. I have enjoyed watching MK blossom lately. She is ALL GIRL!! She twirls and skips and dances about. She is mastering the hands on her hips stance (Oh dear!) and has a fierceness for life that matches her Momma!! She likes to tell me exactly how she wants to wear her hair and what hair bow she wants to match. She is very opinionated about the clothes and shoes she wears too. She has not lost any of her boldness or drama, but I do believe she just gets sweeter and sweeter every day!
Where Kade lacked in enthusiasm for gymnastics, MK makes up for it. She is in love with it! She bounds around with endless energy and seems to have a knack and a skill for it at her age. Maybe I'm making it up, because I am her Mommy...but more than once, I have been very surprised that she can do the things her coach asks, and on the first try. I need to figure out how to get the videos from my phone on here. Here are some pics though.
Being brave on the beam.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Last weekend we had a big event for the children's ministry called "Wii Choose: Where games meet the gospel." I think it was a big success. I have planned for this event since the summer and many people worked really hard to pull it off! There was a good turnout and a lot of visitors that came too! We had dinner, played games, shared the gospel message, held drawings for prizes, and ended with a live game up Super Mario Kids throughout the church. The kids had to rescue the princess from Bowser's castle by finding gold coins, dodging fireballs that came with questions from the message, and avoiding the goombas. Here are some pics from that fun night!
The Wii Console.
Mario and Luigi Lollipops
Phew...tired of reading yet? That's the gist of what's been going on around here lately. Now that things have calmed down a bit, I will try to update more frequently for anyone that is actually reading out there! I have missed blogging. I enjoy it, and love being able to look back on the memories later! I hope everyone has a great weekend. We have lots of fun things planned as well as some relaxing too! :)



1 comment:
Wow your church sure is creative. My boys would LOVE that. There's another even you've mentioned but I can't recall the name--something about backwards maybe. Y'all are so lucky to go to such an active church!
Post a Comment