Friday, September 24

"Fhoto Friday" and some updates

It has been a roller coaster 2 weeks. So many emotions and mostly centered around the kids. Kaden has had a tough transition with all the "new." He has always had a hard time with change, and preschool and soccer have been no different. It has been my goal to figure out how to best help him through this transitioning period. Although it has been rough, it is finally starting to get better. Kade absolutely loves school and is having a good time playing soccer too. I know that pretty soon, his nerves will be gone, and he will be able to just relax and enjoy it all! The good thing is, his teacher said he is very smart, and a very sweet boy in class.

MK has been pretty emotional as well. I think it has just been her way to deal with all the change. She has been very stubborn and defiant and whiney. She had a great day yesterday though, so I hope she is getting through the transition too. On the up side, she is loving gymnastics. I will be posting some videos of both of the kids doing their thing soon.

Running is still going well. I finished Week 3 of the Couch to 5K this morning. I thought I would hate it, but I am actually enjoying getting up early and getting my exercising done. Then I can get showered and ready before the kids are even awake. My only problem, is that all the tumbling and jumping I did as a cheerleader and gymnast are catching up with my body. My knees hurt when I run, and now my ankle is also killing me. I'm not quite sure what to do about it, but guess I will keep pushing through for now. I am enjoying the cool mornings now and my playlist on my iphone.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us with soccer, football, and more! I will leave y'all with a sweet photo I took this week. I love the relationship my kids share. They are great playmates and friends. :)


3 comments:

Kara said...

That is such a cute photo! Way to go on your C25K progress.

Kasey Gonzales said...

Sorry your kids have made for some emotional moments! Sometimes those are the times I worry about as a parent...just helping them navigate LIFE as they get older. Heck, I'm still horrible in new/social situations, so hopefully my kids don't get my "shy" gene. Congrats on keeping up with your running - I've been horrible w/ my exercise lately (work is stressing me out big time) so I may have to try to the morning thing - I am just SO not a morning person! I've always had knee issues too - especially after the marathon. I've found having a good pair of running shoes with not too many miles on them REALLY helps mine, so now I just gave you an excuse for new shoes =)

Donna/Ellie said...

My angel has a hard time with 'new' too. It breaks my heart, then you realize it's a process we all go through so much. Hugs to your always BEAUTIFUL family. Soooo wish we were closer!