Tuesday, September 7

Some Updates...

Hello! I have gotten a little behind in blogging some of the things we have been doing lately, so you can read through the next few posts to catch up. We are enjoying a very cool and rainy day, thanks to Tropical Storm Hermine. It's such a nice change from the hot temps! It really puts me in the mood for Fall. Speaking of Fall, yesterday I noticed the sign in the Sierra Vista Parking Lot about the pumpkin patch. You can see our old pics HERE and HERE. We have been taking pics since Kade was a baby (but that was before I started blogging). How exciting that pumpkins will be out in less than a month!?!

We had a busy holiday weekend visiting with family and friends. We had plans to clean our house, but we had so much going on that it never happened. Well, there is always next weekend. Ha! :o) Big news: MK has put her you know what, in the potty 3 times now!!! Woo hoo! She has stayed dry in panties for awhile now, but was too afraid to do her other business. Thankfully, she seems to have gotten over that. Maybe it's too soon to say, but I hope this is something she will keep up. Go MK!!!

In other big news, Kaden starts preschool tomorrow! We had Meet the Teacher last week, and I am excited. Mrs. Slaton is his teacher and she seems wonderful. Her classroom was really cool too. She has definitely put a lot of work into it. I will update with pics tomorrow.

And in final big news, I started the Couch to 5K program Monday. I will be run/walking my way from terribly out of shape, to the point where I can run a 5K. I'm excited about my goal and look forward to accomplishing it. I know it will be difficult, since I am not a big fan of running, but it was time to do something drastic. Day 1 was great. It was definitely a challenge, but I did it! The hardest part for me will be getting up to meet my running buddy by 6:30 am. I don't sleep well and have trouble getting to sleep early...but that is the best time for both of us mommies. Daddies have to be at work early and evenings are too hectic. Wish me luck and keep encouraging me. I will need it!

Here are some pics of the kids playing in their pool over the holiday weekend.




Don't forget to scroll down and see what else we have been doing! :)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Good luck on your Couch to 5K training. I should be doing something like that but I'm lucky to make it to the gym for an hour when Connor is in Preschool. Loved those pictures too BTW but I had to pick one post to put my comments on.

And if you're wondering, we are already plotting on how to get home to Texas. Guess Texas is just too much in my blood to make my life somewhere else. I vow when I return :-) I will appreciate what I had and visit all my friends especially in San Angelo!