Wednesday, September 8

First Day of School

Today was the big day! The first day of Preschool for Kade and first day of KDO (Kid's Day Out) for Mary-Kate at Sierra Vista. They both had an excellent day, which makes me happy. I was so proud of Kade. He was such a big boy. He walked in and hung up his lunch box on his hook, and then he moved his banana from the door to the tree. (All of the bananas have the kids names on them and it's kind of like taking roll.) After that, he found his name on the table and sat quietly in his place. In fact, he was quieter than I have ever seen him. He let me take a few pics of him and then it was time to leave. He gave me a big smile, and said, "I love you Mommy," and got back to drawing the picture his teacher had instructed him to draw. It was so quick, and easy and I expected to feel a little more emotional than I did. I trust in the fact that he was ready and he is going to thrive in this environment. His teacher said he had a great day, and he told me he had fun too.

The mandatory first day of school pics! :)



With the new backpacks Ya Ya got them.

Kaden - 4 Years
(Hard to believe kindergarten is our next step next year.)

Mary-Kate 2 Years

Sitting in his spot.

Kade wanted me to take a pic of the castle. This has been what he has talked about since meet the teacher. Doesn't the classroom look fun?

Drawing a self portrait on the first day of school.

Mary-Kate's class starts a few minutes later, so we hung out with a friend in the meantime. I was kind of dreading her drop off, because she can be clingy in new situations like this. Finley made her happy though, and she was glad her friend would be next door to her. Here they are dancing and jumping around.


When we first went into MK's class I was surprised that she didn't cry. She was fascinated with everything. She hung up her backpack and then started playing with the babies. I thought I was home free, but that didn't last long. She definitely wanted to let me know she would miss me. It ended with me having to peel her off my leg, and give her to the teacher. It was very hard to walk out and hear her screaming all the way down the hall. What's worse is she screams, "I WANT MY MOMMY!" She knows how to break a Mommy's heart. When I came to pick her up, her teacher said she had a great day though. She only cried for a few minutes, and then was excellent. Mary-Kate cheerfully skipped over to me and said, "I had fun Mommy! I come back again." Now that is what I want to hear! Yay for big milestones. I think this will be a good year for both of them. I'm so thankful for these precious kiddos!

No comments: