(I refuse to apologize for the amount of pics that I am going to put in this post, but I will give you a warning! We had a great trip with a lot of memories that I want to "scrapbook" so there ya go!)
The weekend before Thanksgiving we took a trip to see family friends in Granbury. We had been looking forward to this for some time, and we had a great time!! We arrived Friday at lunch (Bryan was off work for the day) at Steve and Debbie's house and the fun began! Both of our kids were in a little bit of a bratty mood, but fortunately, that wore off after a bit. We enjoyed time together before Debbie and I left for some shopping in Fort Worth where we were meeting my Mom. It was an excellent girl's night. We shopped and laughed and ate at an incredible place called Ghengis Grill...Um, YUMM!! Why has no one told me about this place before? It was so good!! Jeff also got to join us this weekend, so he was at Debbie's house by the time we got home. It's always great when the fam is together!
Arriving at their beautiful home!

It was too cold for a dip but they enjoyed looking at the pool.

Looking so big!

Looking for fishies in the creek.

Isn't this one of the coolest looking playgrounds ever?

Steve and MK

Bryan cast a shadow on me here. :) Surprising Jeff with a belated birthday/Thanksgiving Gift.

Yay for Harry Potter Nerds. I got myself a shirt too. I have never done this before and totally felt like geeking out! :)

They sleep so sweetly together.

Saturday was a busy day as we drove to the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine to see the "Ice" show. The kids loved it and we were very impressed. Not to mention, the hotel itself was amazing. Kade was in love with the trains everywhere. I loved the decorations!! After lunch we drove to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. The kids enjoyed all of the things they got to do there as well. We drove back to Granbury for a cozy dinner of pizza and some rounds of Nertz before Dad, Jeff, Bryan, and I loaded up to go see the first part of Harry Potter 7. It was great, although I knew I would be disappointed in the split. I want to see the second part now!
Wearing their snow suits I got at the JBF sale. Have I mentioned how much I love that sale??

Waiting for the informative video to start. Here is MK's best side!

Sweet Debbie and Kaden chilling together.

The rest of the crew.

Our very attractive parkas! It stays 14-19 degrees in there at all times.

Always a jokester!

These were ice slides. So cool!

MK loved it!

A blankie girl with a blankie boy!

Snoopy's house!


Really awesome nativity scene.

Steve and Debbie


The cool trains!

Hula Hooping at the museum.

Mommy trying it out after many years!


Kaden loved all the trains!

MK always loves babies!

Checking out at the "grocery store" with her baby. HA!

Dinosaur bones!




Sunday our little family of four woke up and went to the Fort Worth Zoo. It was amazing! I had always heard good things and I was very impressed. I was also glad that the shade and cool breeze kept us feeling good. The kids really enjoyed looking at all of the animals. We finished the day with lunch and the cowboy's game at Steve and Debbie's, before heading back home to San Angelo! It was an excellent trip. Thanks again Steve and Debbie for hosting us and being so patient with the kiddos. We love you guys so much and always love spending time with y'all!!
Bryan's favorite animal is a rhino.






This Zoo was so beautiful. See the tiger?


Mr. and Mrs. King of the Jungle

This little guy just cracked me up!

Kangaroos!



Of course we had to ride on the train!

2 comments:
I love all the pics! Looks like you all had a blast!
Your kids are so cute! I love MK's huge smile :)
I have been wanting to see the ICE show! After looking at your pictures I've really got to go see it!
Post a Comment