We started out rough this year in preschool (He was nervous about the new situation) but he has had an excellent year. He has thrived with his amazing teacher and learned so much. We are very proud of him! In January, we had a parent teacher conference and she talked to us about how Kaden was pretty advanced. I always think Kaden is smart, but it's nice to hear someone else tell you that. Not only has he done well academically, but socially too. He loves to be the line leader, and his teacher also said he has great manners and is quick to shape up if she has to correct him. I guess our next big feat to tackle this year will be reading. Wish us luck! ;) He already reads and writes some words, but he has a long way to go.
Kaden is still our resident artist. Whether making up songs, playing music, drawing, or painting, he is often times doing something very creative. Perhaps he will be like his Mommy in this. I love the music he sings and the concerts he gives in our living room. He loves to include his sister and they love to dance! Always entertaining.
Perhaps the best part of this year has been that Kaden is growing in knowledge about our savior. His questions are great, his thoughts are intriguing, and his prayers make me stand in awe. I really sense the Lord drawing his heart near and it's my prayer that he will really come to understand what a personal relationship is about in the next few years.
I love you Kaden!! You make me so proud every day. You are sweet, kind, dependable, and loving. I couldn't have asked for a better son!
For Kaden's birthday, I woke him up singing happy birthday and then we got ready for school. When we arrived, his teacher had a really fun hat waiting for him.
At the end of the day, there was a Mother's Day Tea that I was invited to. He had made me so many wonderful things, and they even sang a couple of songs. They were precious!
After the tea, we met up with Uncle Jeff, Ya Ya, and Daddy at the restaurant of his choice (Cheddar's) for lunch. Oh, and we did stop by The Slice for him to pick out a birthday cupcake on our way.
After lunch Kaden and Uncle Jeff played some Mario Kart for a bit.
Then Kaden and MK both got to hang out with Ya Ya for the afternoon while Granddad, Jeff, Bryan, and I went to see the new movie Thor. Bryan was so excited. This is his "Twilight!" Haha! It was a good movie btw.
and a MobiGo from Mommy and Daddy. He was very excited and has already figured out how the games work.
Kaden ended the day with all of his friends in Parent's Night Out. It's one of his favorite things, so it felt a shame to waste it! He and MK always get a happy meal and then get to play with their friends. We went out to dinner with the fam, and then came home to finish up last minute party details! I will leave you with a video of him singing at the Tea Party. Coming up next, PARTY PICS! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment