Sunday, May 29

Henry and Desiree's Wedding

I'm so far behind, once again, on posting updates and pics of what is going on. I'm exhausted, but while I have a minute, I thought I would post a few from a wedding that we recently helped with. Henry and Desiree were some of our college and career kids at Southland. They needed help with planning and executing their wedding, and myself and another girlfriend were glad to step in. We coordinated everything from the flowers, to the cakes. It was fun, but I don't think I will go into the wedding planning business any time soon.

The best part was seeing all of the CC kids come together to help make it a special day. They filled the roles of bridesmaids, groomsmen, photographer, punch/cake handler, and decorators. Bryan and my Dad served as Ushers, and the two cutest kids I know were the flowergirl and ring bearer. :) I must admit I was really nervous that A) the kids would freak out and not be able to make it down the aisle. And B) they would not be able to stand quietly on the stage (thus causing a scene during the wedding.) I am happy to report that they did a fantastic job. Apparently, MK was born to throw flowers everywhere. She took her job very seriously. Both kids were very quiet. One of the bridesmaids hid some candy in her bouquet, and one of the groomsmen hid candy in his pocket, just in case. It was pretty funny.

I have a few pictures, and a video to share. You will have to excuse the quality as they are all from my phone.

Rehearsal

Kade wasn't as into it.

Handing out programs.

The bride and her bridesmaids.

I told you they were cute! :)

Standing quietly during the wedding.

I'm so proud of them both!

Beautiful cake. The topper was her parents at her wedding and a special way for the bride to remember her mother who has passed away.

The grooms cake.

My sweet kids. (I changed MK into her Easter dress for the reception so she wouldn't spill anything on her beautiful tutu dress.)

The fam!


No comments: