Sunday, November 8

Christmas Carousel

I am exhausted, but thrilled with how this weekend went. Not only did I have a wonderful time, but my business did really well too. I had a lot of interest in my stuff and even have some orders to fill and ship this week. I cannot believe how far I have come in a year, and am shocked at the growth I have seen. I feel so blessed at what is happening with Dimples and Dots, and am very excited with the potential to continue to grow.

Thursday my Mom and I drove to Abilene to set up and begin the weekend. There was an exclusive preview shopping party that night with live music and food and drinks. We enjoyed visiting with everyone as well as seeing all of the neat things other people were selling. Friday was a long day, but it was fun. My bandana dresses were modeled in the style show that morning by some precious little girls. (This turned out to be great for business as many women came looking for my booth after the style show.) That afternoon, Bryan and my Dad arrived with the kids. It was great to see them, and they were so excited to check out all of the excitement. Later, my parents took the kids back to the hotel for dinner and bedtime while Bryan and I worked the booth. They had a ladies night until 9pm so we were up there late. I love working with Bryan though. He is so cute selling my product to others. In fact, he is better at selling my product than me. Ha!

Saturday we brought the kids back up for some fun in the morning. This was our busiest day by far. You could tell it was going to be like that because of the crowds that were there early. (We were non-stop until that night.) Bryan and my Dad took the kids swimming at the hotel and then grabbed lunch before my Mom and Dad and the kids returned back home to San Angelo. I am so thankful for how great my parents are with them. I know I can trust them to take care of the kids and they absolutely LOVE to be with their grandparents! After the show ended that night Bryan and I got to have a date night! We went out to Abuelo's for dinner and then caught a movie. We saw Disney's A Christmas Carol in 3D. We actually didn't like the movie much (it was kind of creepy) but it was VERY nice to be alone and to just relax. After the movie we went to Kohl's to do a little Christmas shopping. They were open to midnight for some reason, so we took advantage of that!

Today was our last day at the show. It didn't start until noon today, so we got to sleep in and enjoy a lazy morning. I have no idea the last time we did that. No crying kids in the night, no rushing to get everyone ready, and moments of silence as we got dressed. I don't like to be away from the kids much, but it was nice. The show was from noon-5pm today. The crowds weren't as big as Saturday, but it was still a pretty constant flow until about 4pm. We were able to break down the booth quickly, grab a bite to eat at Bryan's fav (Taco Bueno), and then head home to see the kids. Btw, my Mom left for a trip to New York today, so my AWESOME Dad had the kids all by himself! I am so proud of him. He did great, and they were not happy to see him go home when it was bedtime. Ha!

I am so thankful for the compliments from everyone, and for all of the things I learned. I have so many ideas rolling in my head for the future, and look forward to accomplishing more goals. I have another show in two weeks, and then a possible trunk show in San Marcos on Black Friday so still have a lot to do, but I enjoy it! Thanks for all of the encouragement from everyone. I appreciate it! I look forward to doing this show again next year. It will be fun to see how much my business will change in another year!

Here is my "before" pic.

The cool sign they made.

"After"
(Although I kept arranging, and rearranging things because it was hard to decide which way I liked things best!)

Some of my bows and stuff!

Cheesy pic of me in my booth.

The kiddos asleep in the hotel on Friday night. Makes my heart melt!

For anyone that is interested, I am having a giveaway contest on my website, where you can win some Christmas products. Feel free to enter for your chance to win! Even if you don't have a little girl, you can always give the gift to someone else! :o)

4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Janet! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and your booth looked GREAT! I'm so proud of you and how far you've come with your business. I'm in the process of getting something started for myself but I just lack the confidence to get it done. You're really an inspiration though.
Your parents sound wonderful and sounds like you had a nice date night. Jason was going to take Benjamin to see that movie at the IMAX. I told him I thought it might scare Ben so he didn't take him. Glad I told him that now. LOL. Congratulations again and I look forward to seeing where your business goes in the future too. :) Now time to go enter the giveaway.

*Kc* said...

Woo Hoo!! Your booth looks super cute. I'm glad you had such a good time and met lots of new potential customers =)

Kris T said...

I'm happy to hear that the show went so well!

Donna/Ellie said...

Wow Janet I'm so impressed and happy for you! I can't believe how pro you are now! Your stuff looks awesome. Your kiddos and family are always fabulous :) and it's great to hear about so much fun. Hugs!!!