Sunday, November 29

The Weekend in Pictures

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. It was so nice to be in San Marcos and to spend more time with Jeff this year. We also all really enjoyed doing things differently than usual.

What could be more exciting than riding on the luggage rack?

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on Thurs. morning.

Eating our Thanksgiving meal.

Each of the kids had made their own placemat at school.

Our friend Donnalynn was able to join us for lunch.

Dad and Jeff



The kids meal came with this cookie AND ice cream! Crazy!

After we ate Lunch on Thursday, My mom and the kids stayed in the hotel to take a nap and play while Jeff, Dad, Bryan, and I headed to the theatre to watch New Moon. I was super excited about seeing the movie, and was not disappointed. I thought it was great and look forward to seeing it again soon. We also had perfect seats in the non-crowded theatre. It was great.

Thursday night Bryan and I headed up to the Outlet Mall to work with Jeff for some extra cash. It's crazy how the shopping starts earlier and earlier every year. The mall was opening at 10pm on Thankgiving, so we were there at 9:30pm. My parents stayed with the kids while we were out. I worked until about 1:15am and Bryan worked until about 6am. My mom came up when I got off my shift and we checked out some of the deals. It was fun to be out shopping, but nothing was really worth waiting in the LOOOOOOOONG lines that were in all the stores. Some of them wrapped multiple times around the inside of the store to check out, and there were some stores that had long wrapping lines just to get into the store. It was truly crazy! We headed back home about 3am, since I knew I would be getting up with the kids the next morning.

Getting ready to open.

This is what it looks like before people entered. You would be shocked at how people mess things up and just throw things on the floor! I am so thankful not to work retail. Some people like it, but it's just not for me!

This is one of the lines just to get into a store somewhere.

The Mall Cops just crack me up.

We did a little bit of shopping on Friday and enjoyed more time hanging out together. Bryan worked with Jeff again on Friday night. They worked 6:30 to about 11pm. I got to visit with a dear friend of mine from high school. It was fun to catch up with her.

Saturday we had a big breakfast together as a family again.

Sporting her new boots from Ya Ya and a big cheesy grin. She definitely knows how to work the camera!

My sweet girl!

Bryan was still a little tired!

The fountain in the lobby was a big hit with the kids.

Our beautiful family.


We spent the rest of the morning doing some shopping before eating lunch and heading back home. The trip was actually really great. Mary-Kate slept almost the whole time (which never happens) and Kade fell asleep the last half of the trip. Bryan and I had nice long, uninterrupted conversation. I always enjoy getting to talk with him on long trips. I'm so glad that I married my best friend. I love him so much. I am also thankful that my family loves him so much too. They have loved and accepted Bryan from day one and I know Bryan is grateful for this love from a real family. Not only are our holidays special, but everyday is special because of them.

God has blessed us tremendously and we do not deserve it. We are so thankful for His blessings. What a wonderful holiday to celebrate his goodness. Not only do we have a beautiful family, home, and many other material possessions, but we have something even better than that. I am thankful for God sending his son Jesus Christ to save us from our sins. Nothing could ever be better than the free gift of salvation He has provided. I am thrilled that the Christmas season is starting and that we get to celebrate even more. Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

Donna/Ellie said...

God has blessed you tremendously and YOU DO DESERVE IT. Enjoy :-)

Christine said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My kids love to ride the luggage rack too. :P Just reading about the hours you and Bryan worked exhausts me. What a fun trip!
As for Black Friday.... you couldn't PAY me to stand in those lines. I'm going to take advantage of Cyber Monday. :) Much more my cup of tea.

Deborah said...

I can't believe you worked at the Outlet Mall. I wish I could get a few hours in somewhere just to feel like I was contributing at home. I think people were crazy to be out in the middle of the night--I waited until 5 AM at least!

Connor has that same turkey as MK. Must be a church MDO thing =) As far as New Moon, just please don't be like my old high school friend and start lusting after Shark Boy (Jacob). I think she's mad at me for pointing out the Shark Boy thing but come on she's 43--he's 17! I hope you know I'm teasing and that I know you are not that kind of person ;)