Sunday, November 1

Treats and some Tricks Too!

We had a wonderful Halloween yesterday! I actually took the whole day off and didn't work on anything for my show. Although it was hard, I know it was good for me. I didn't get to relax much though. I spent a lot of the time cooking for the college party, finishing Bryan's costume, and hanging out with my family. I loved every minute of it! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Kaden was excited to help with a lot of the cooking. He helped make our favorite cracker mix, some cupcakes, and a chocolate cake.

Yes we are still in jammies!

Kade is totally into this phase of constantly changing his clothes. Drives me crazy!

Bryan got the wrong kind of licorice so my spiders look a little weird but you get the idea.

The kids were excited to get in their costumes. I was excited that the total for both of their costumes was under $10. They looked adorable as Mickey and Minnie Mouse (if I do say so myself)! Our first stop was Gigi and G-Daddy's. They always have a special treat for the kiddos on Halloween.
"Trick or Treat!"

MK already knew what to do with her treat bag.

It means so much to me that my kids get to spend a lot of time with their great grandparents.

Say Cheese!

Everyone loved the singing ghost they had hung up.

This is the treat bag I made MK out of leftover material. She is way into purses right now so she loved it!

My precious grandmother and me!

Trying to get some pics by the pumpkins.

Never really worked.

After Gigi's house we went to the Trunk or Treat at Southland. It is such a fun atmosphere there and I also like knowing all the candy we get is safe. Kade was excited to be there and couldn't wait to see his friends.


MK was in awe of all the people and costumes.

Best Friends! Minnie, Mickey, Tigger, and Piglet!

Poor Brynlee was not in the mood to have her picture taken!

Getting sweet hugs from all our friends and church members!

Granddad enjoyed making the rounds with us too.

We hung out at the College/Career "trunk" for a bit to check all the cool costumes out.

After Trunk or Treating it was time to head back to Ya Ya and Granddad's for the College party! We had a Murder Mystery planned where everyone had a character description and personality to act out. There were clues that you had to implement during the game and you would mingle with the guests to find out "whodunit!"

Kaden was precious because he absolutely loved when Trick or Treaters came to the door. He really enjoyed handing out candy. I think he liked it better than actually getting candy himself. He took his dinner and camped out by the door to watch out for all of the kids who came.


MK preferred the social interaction of the college kids, not to mention the food!

The "Hostess with the Mostest!"

The Queen of Hearts (Jamie Bond) and the Ace of Spades (Royal T).

Guess who was murdered! I swear I had nothing to do with it. It was all in the kit! ;o) He was stabbed in the chest with the butter knife.

The college kids mingling and trying to figure out everyone's motive. The nerd in the blue shirt (Dr. Indy Jonas) ended up being the murderer!

I really enjoyed doing the murder mystery. I had never done one before. I would definitely recommend one to anyone looking for something fun to do at a party. I already knew what happened because I wanted to be prepared with whatever might happen since it was my first time hosting, but they do have options where it can be a secret for the host too. It was a great day full of excitement. I wish I had time to recover, but now I have so much to do to get ready for my big show this week! I guess I will relax next week. Ha!!

Anyways, I will leave y'all with a video of the "Evolution of Dance" that Bryan and I did at the party. I am soo proud of Bryan because this is not something he would normally ever do, but he is really growing and learning a lot of new things! He did a great job. Enjoy!! :o)

6 comments:

cls said...

Janet, that video is hilarious! Isn't it so great when husband's get on board with silly things like that? Glad you had such a nice Halloween!

Christine said...

The kids' costumes are so cute! You did a great job. Kaden sitting by the door with his dinner to greet T or T'ers is just absolutely adorable. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video. Y'all seem like so much fun!!! I really dug Bryan's moonwalk. LOL. Thanks for sharing that with us.

London said...

Your kiddos are adorable, as always. But that video was hilarious!!!!

Alyson Sandlin said...

Go Bryan!!!!

Lara said...

I love the costumes! You did such a good job! I cracked up at Bryan's moonwalking! What a fun video to share with the kids when they get older! Rick would never do anything like that! haha! Bryan is so brave and you both did so good!!!

Kasey Gonzales said...

kaden and mary kate look super cute! you did good on the costumes =). and your murder mystery party looks like fun - i've been hearing a lot about those. but i know what you mean about being a lot of work for a party...we had a little get-together at our house and we were cleaning and making little snacks all day it seemed like! oh and your video was great too - y'all need to teach us some moves! ha