We had our first big thunderstorm Friday night which brought in a cold front. It was crazy because we went from t-shirts one day, to sweaters and jackets the next. It was almost 80 degrees on Friday and then barely in the 40's on Saturday. It also got below freezing Saturday night. Last weekend we cleaned out the kid's closets so we had to scrummage around to find some winter clothes again. Ha! That happens to me every year. I forget how the weather goes back and forth every year until we are burning hot again! It's amazing how fast we are speeding towards summer!
Mary-Kate is doing well with the potty training! I'm actually kind of surprised. She is having a lot of success with telling us and then running to the potty and going. She is a little confused on terminology as she will say "poo poo" instead of "tee tee," but we don't care! It is so great that she will tell us and go on her own! We have noticed that when she wears a diaper or pull up, it is often times dry when she wakes up from a nap and it will barely be wet in the mornings. Isn't it funny how you can be excited about things like panties and dry diapers? We have all been celebrating around here though. Poor Kade has felt a little left out, but he has become my potty police. He tells us any time he thinks she needs to go, and then he is cheering louder than anyone when she has success! He also is my tattletale when she has an accident, which I guess can be a good thing too. Oh, and I can't forget that he likes to inform me every time the alarm goes off. (As if I can't hear it ringing throughout the house!) We have had our fair share of accidents, but she is definitely learning. Maybe she will be potty trained by summer. Woo hoo!
Bryan and I both taught Sunday School this morning. He taught for the College kids, and I got to be in Kade's class with the 3's and 4's. It was a lot of fun! Those kids are so smart and so sweet. They were all very good listeners and hard workers. I had a great time being with them. We sang songs, had Bible story, activities, memory verse, snack, and play time! It is thrilling to see Kade in his environment. I'm sure he acts differently with me around though. He was very polite and shared well.
I guess it's back to routine this week. I am excited that I have a lot of orders to fill for work. That will keep me busy when I'm not playing with the kiddos. I also have to finish getting things ready for my booth in San Marcos this next weekend. Looking forward to seeing Uncle Jeff! Hope all of you are doing well too! I will leave y'all with some pictures of the kiddos from this morning before we went to church!



3 comments:
is it posted now? i think i forgot to publish it...let me know
Bethany thought it was so neat to have you as her teacher on Sunday. She was excited to tell me all about it!
Kaden looks soooooo old in those pics!
Post a Comment