Sunday, March 28

San Marcos Trip

We had another great weekend and had the pleasure of spending it with Uncle Jeff in San Marcos! I also got to have a trunk show outside of Two P's and Calli's Boutique. Friday, after lunch, we packed up and started the drive down there. Fortunately, the kids are good in the car, but it still was a very long trip for some reason. We were glad when we got there and immediately headed to our favorite restaurant, Mamacitas! The kids were so excited to see Jeff, and of course eat some yummy Mexican food. MK loves chips and salsa, and Kade loves chips with green sauce.

(Some of these photos are on Bryan's iphone so the quality is not as good.)


After dinner we checked into our hotel and spent some time relaxing and playing before bed time. It took a bit to get the kids down, but then they crashed hard! They always look so big to me sleeping in the hotel bed together.
While they were sleeping we finished getting some last minute things ready for my trunk show the next day.


After getting up once with MK at 4am and some issues with noise in the hotel, we were not so happy to receive a wake up call from the front desk at 6am. I was pretty frustrated and could not go back to sleep for a bit after that. All in all though, we woke up rested and ready for a big day.

This is what MK did when I told her to get up though. Lol! My kids really like their sleep and you often times have to drag them out of bed!
Kaden was already dressed and having breakfast before MK finally got up!

When we got everything ready to go, we drove over to Two P's and Calli's and started setting up. I was a little concerned as it was super windy, but later the breeze proved to feel better on a hot day. I actually got a little sunburn too.





While I was doing my thing, Bryan and Jeff took the kids to do other fun things. They went to the park...


And they also went swimming at the hotel. The kids were so excited! They also got to wear their new swimsuits for the first time.




I was surprised and overjoyed that my best friend from high school, Melissa, showed up to see me. I had the pleasure of visiting with her all afternoon and then I got to meet her son for the first time too. Isn't he precious??? It was so nice to catch up with her!
Handsome Jude. Such a sweet boy!
After a fun day, we packed my stuff away and headed to another favorite restaurant of ours (Clear Springs) before doing some shopping at the Outlet Malls. The kids enjoyed sitting on all of the little rides around the mall. It was great that we didn't even have to put money in them for them to have fun! They liked pretending and making all of the noises themselves.


Sunday we slept in and had a slow morning. We then went to Austin where we ate lunch at Chuy's and then hung out at my favorite mall (Barton Creek) before heading back home. It was perfect leaving in the afternoon because we got home in time to eat dinner and still play and run around before bed time. Plus, Ya Ya and Granddad were chomping at the bit to see the kiddos and hug their sweet necks! It was another great weekend and memories made with the family! I love these guys so much!!


3 comments:

Lara said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! Your kids are so adorable!

Deborah said...

Gosh I wish I'd been able to come up. I forgot that I had to go to a First Communion for my friend's son. I spent the rest of the day doing many renovation projects around to house to get it ready to sell. I still hope to get to San Angelo before we leave the state!

Christine said...

Aw. Sounds like you had a fun time. I'm guessing your trunk show was successful? I'm so jealous of your yummy mexican food. We have a lot of mexican restaurants here but if you want tex mex you have to go to a place like On the Border. Just isn't the same. Glad you had a good weekend. :) Oh, and I LOVE MK's swimsuit.