Friday, September 9

Kindergarten!

On August 19, we went to "Meet the Teacher." Kaden was nervous but excited to find out where his classroom was, and who was going to be his teacher.

He is pointing to his name on the board.

Still a little nervous. He got to pick his seat and then drop off his school supplies.

This is his teacher, Mrs. Gonzalez. She is super nice!

Checking things out.

After meet the teacher, Ya Ya had prepared a fun lunch for us!

Kaden's big day came on August 22. His first day of Kindergarten!

He looks so big to me here!

MK was excited for Kaden too!

Walking to the cafeteria (the drop off site).

The nerves settled in when it was time to go to his class.

Walking like a big boy in line.

Sitting at his seat.

He even got to sit next to his new friend from church, Carter.

A few of my friends met for breakfast to help distract us from the transition of dropping our kiddos off at kindergarten/school. I was surprised that I didn't shed one tear that morning. I expected to be super emotional, but it was just a different feeling.
The "left behind" as I call them. :)
Kade actually did great the first day, and had us all fooled that we wouldn't go through a rough transition period like we did last year. Boy, were we wrong. We are trying to help him cope, but poor Kaden just has a really rough time dealing with new situations. It is getting a little bit better day by day though. I'm sure within a few weeks he will be back to his normal, sweet self.

I'm proud of him though. He is already doing really well at school and learning so much. It's mostly just the drop off that is hard for him. Every day he brings home papers that show the things he is learning. I must say, I am impressed with his handwriting. I think it's exceptional for a 5 year old. :) Here is a pic of a handwriting sheet he did. The first part is tracing, but the bottom line is all him!



1 comment:

Deborah said...

They are so cute! Can't believe our big boys already. Kaden's writing is about as good as my 10 yr olds--very impressive!