First of all, I just want to say that Bryan is the epitome of a servant. That is one of the reason's I fell in love with him. He has always been one to do things behind the scenes. The lowly task that no one wants to do. Never seeking credit or attention. I loved watching him serve in our old church. If chairs needed to be stacked, he would stack them. If someone was alone in the hospital and needed a visit, he was there to provide comfort. If the women's bathroom overflowed in the middle of church...yep, he was there to clean it up! His integrity and character shined forth in the things he did when no one was looking!
There were 5 guys who were being ordained tonight. Each person gave a quick testimony of his favorite verse and what it meant to him. Bryan did a great job. (I am including a video of him speaking.) After that they were charged and then there was the laying on of hands. One by one, people would come forward and share words of wisdom, encouragement, and prayer. Wow! No one told me that I would need a kleenex for this. The things people said were just priceless. It brought tears to my eyes to hear the wonderful things people would say about my husband. It was also inspiring and challenging to hear the charges they would give both of us. It makes me excited to serve along with him. After the laying on of hands, he was presented with a book and a certificate.
It was awesome to see Bryan surrounded by family and loved ones, and even his bosses from work came to support him. I cannot tell you how precious that was. As people gave us hugs and spoke to us I was overwhelmed with joy. God really stirred my heart tonight and spoke to me. I am not saying all of this to toot Bryan's horn, but rather just to try and share the smallest portion of what happened and how it made me feel. The most important thing is that Christ is made known to all, and I believe that Bryan does this to all he meets. It is my prayer that God will keep drawing Bryan close and molding him more and more into a man after his heart. That he will lead his family in the will of God, serve his church family with joy, and love others the way he has been called.
After the service, my parent's had a small reception for him at their house with lots of yummy food. Bryan expressed to me that this was one of the most amazing nights for him too. The things people said meant so much to him. Although he was ordained as a minister already, there was something about this night that was extra special to him. I know he will serve well, because he already is. Bryan is an amazing man and I am thankful I get to share my life with him!
People praying and laying on hands.

2 comments:
What a wonderful celebration of wonderful people.
Wow, that pretty much sums it up.
Post a Comment