Monday, January 4

San Antonio Trip (Lots of Pics)

We had a fabulous weekend in San Antonio! Bryan, my Dad, and Jeff, all had tickets to the Alamo Bowl to see Texas Tech beat Michigan! (That and the hotel were my parent's Christmas gift to Bryan!) We left Saturday morning and headed towards Kerrville to eat at Mamacitas with some old family friends. Funny enough, at our first rest stop (in Junction) we ran into some friends from San Angelo that go to our church. They were headed to the Tech game as well. At this same stop, while my dad was holding MK, he got a little too close to a shelf, and she grabbed a shot glass off the shelf and accidentally dropped it on the floor. Ooops! It shattered into a bunch of pieces. I saw it all happening, but couldn't do anything before it was too late. Thankfully, the people in the station didn't care and didn't make us pay for it. Phew!

We quickly got back in the car and headed on to Kerrville before we could do any more damage there. It was kind of exciting to see 80 mph on the speed limit signs. It really makes the time go by quickly! Mamacitas was as good as it always is and we enjoyed visiting with the Goodwins. While we were eating lunch another family from our church showed up to eat. We were cracking up, because we were 2 for 2 on seeing people we knew at each of our stop's. Finally, when it was time to leave, I ran into another friend of mine from college and her family. They live in Leakey now and have a son that is Mary-Kate's age. It was nice to visit for a minute. I love living in such a small world!

Yummy Mamacitas!

My chips and salsa girl!

Little Tech Fans!

The Goodwins and The Neighbors

After Kerrville we headed on to San Antonio to check into our hotel that is right in the Rim between Fiesta Texas and La Cantera mall. (Love that place!) The kids always love staying in hotels, so it was an exciting time. They also had a basketball court that everyone was able to run around on for a bit and get some energy out! My mom and I took some time to go shopping while the guys hung out with the kiddos. It was a lot of fun. I really like that mall. My mom and I decided that when we reach our first goal weight, we will go back for a girl's weekend to do some more shopping! Jeff had to work that afternoon, so when he got off he drove in to meet my Dad and Bryan and they headed off to the game. Btw, I forgot to mention that when we arrived at the hotel we ran into another person we knew (an owner of a restaurant here in San Angelo {3 for 3}) and he invited the guys to a tailgate party he was having in the parking lot of the stadium. My mom and I took the kids to TGI Friday's before doing a little more shopping with the kids and heading back to the hotel. They were so good the whole time, which made the experience very pleasant. After that, it was time for jammies and bed for the kids, and time to relax and watch the Tech game on TV for us.

Playing Around

My Silly Girl!

Isn't Bryan the coolest? hehe

Playing Red Light, Green Light. MK is a little cheater!
Align Center

I made her go back to start!

Bryan got way into it. Haha!

The guy at the front desk made the kids an elephant!

She loves wearing brother's boots!

I noticed that MK was doing a lot of coughing so I kept checking on her. She hadn't had a fever that morning, but her temperature had been elevated so at one point I figured I would check again. Poor baby, had 103 temp! I took off her jammies, got her a cool rag and some juice, and gave her some more meds. I sat with her for a bit and then when I figured she was falling asleep I went back into the living room to watch the game. About 10 minutes, guess who comes waltzing out of her room with a sly smile and her wet rag. She totally milked it for all it was worth, and of course, it's hard to resist such a cutie pie. My mom and I let her crawl up and lay with us. She proceeded to talk up a storm and tell us all about everything. She definitely wasn't acting like she was sick anymore. The poor thing couldn't stop coughing though. Thankfully, her fever went down after a few hours.

After multiple times of putting her down and her getting back up, I finally thought she was down for good when I heard a door shut in the bedroom. I jump up and run in there, and realize she has such herself in the bathroom and was running bath water! Thankfully, it wasn't hot water, but she still freaked me out, none-the-less! It was about 12:30am this time so I put her back to bed and told her to go to sleep. About 30 minutes later, the boys came home from the game (Tech won, WOO HOO!!!) and sure enough, this little schemer came out of the bedroom to get their attention and sympathy. We all gave her a little more loving before putting her back to bed where she finally stayed put!

Poor baby!

The next morning everyone slept in! MK woke up feeling much better and didn't have a fever. We spent the morning relaxing and hanging out together. After that we did some more shopping and then went out to lunch. We ate at a place called Tiago's Grill and it was amazing! It was probably one of the best burgers I have ever had, and everybody else agreed the food was some of the best they had had too.

Loving time with Uncle Jeff!

And Granddad and Ya Ya!

Eating at Tiago's.

So beautiful!

We had planned on going to Fiesta Texas that day, and weren't sure what to do, but decided MK was acting just fine. We have season passes for the 2010 season, good for all Six Flags parks and MK is free! We figured, even if we stayed a few hours, it would be good enough because we would have another opportunity to come back. The park opened at 3:00pm (holiday hours) and we had a blast! We parked on the second row, didn't really have to wait in any lines, and didn't have to endure any crowds. The kids were thrilled and loved all of the things they got to do. We ended the evening by putting them in jammies and driving home. I figured MK would sleep the whole way home, but after a quick 20 minute nap, she was awake the rest of the time. Everyone crashed hard when we got home though, and they slept in late this morning. I am once again thankful for my amazing parent's and how enjoyable they are to be around. It is so fun to travel places with them and make such incredible memories!

About to get on the train!

Choo Choo

The carousel

That's me in the top left. I got to ride some roller coasters too! :) (Bryan hates them!)

Bryan took the kids on the teacups. I hate those things!

They loved them!

Kade's first roller coaster.

Woo hoo! (Dork!)

Riding in the Big Red Car in Wiggle's World.

Traveling the world...in a car...

This is like the dumbo ride at Disneyland. Kade love flying high!

One last ride on the train before we left.

The Texas Size Christmas Tree

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I wondered if y'all made it out Sunday. It was pretty cold but at least the rain cleared up. Next time we should have passes so please let me know when you come. I'm so glad Tech won especially with all the drama. I'm headed to the Rim tomorrow for lunch and I'll probably shop but La Canteras too expensive for me :-)

Christine said...

WOW! Looks like you all had so much fun! I love that drive from San Angelo to San Antonio... the high speed limits are so fun. Makes you feel a little naughty driving that fast, even though it's legal. LOL. I'm glad you had a great trip and I think it's neat how you do so much with your parents. Oh, and YAY for Tech winning.

Kasey Gonzales said...

I think Adrian's a little jealous that Bryan got to to go the Tech game =). I hope he had fun though! The whole trip looked like a blast - I think it's cool all the trips & stuff y'all do as a family. I know those experiences will always be such great memories for Kade & MK. Such a cute family =)

Donna/Ellie said...

Fun and cute and more fun and more cute! My FAVORITE pic is of MK cheating at red-light-green-light. LOL! So precious. I'm glad it was so fun, and that MK got better so fast!

Kris T said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the holidays! I can't wait to talk to you about everything.