Wednesday, January 27

Mary-Kate's first hair cut

Mary-Kate had her first hair cut this morning. It was a great experience. I was nervous that she would freak out, but she didn't. My Mom picked up Kade and took him to the office with her so I wouldn't have to worry about keeping him calm too. MK was pretty sad that she didn't get to go with Ya Ya too, but she quickly got over it on our way to the salon. When we got there she was very quiet and just looked around wondering where she was.

My hairdresser, Melanie, had a big booster in the seat for MK, but when I sat her down she lost it. She was fine when I held her, but was not having sitting in the big scary seat by herself. I ended up getting in the seat myself, and holding her in my lap. She did great from that point on, and hardly uttered a word. She sat very still and quiet, and I was shocked it went so well. Melanie asked me if MK talked very much yet. I told her all the time!!! This was very out of character for her. Haha!

Towards the end of the cut, MK had warmed up to the experience and was jabbering away again. She seemed pretty pleased with herself in the mirror and had everybody oooing and awwing at her, as she was flashing her big cheesy grin for the camera. I definitely like her new bangs. I think I will like them even more when they grow out a bit, but she still looks cute. It will be so nice to have her hair out of her face now. It drove her crazy if I didn't have it pulled back, and even when it was in a ponytail, the whisps would fall out and get in her eyes. She is growing so big before my very eyes, and it was fun to experience yet another "first" with my precious baby girl today!

Before

I had to take mirror pics since I was sitting in the chair with MK.

Being very still and very good.

She likes it!

Momma too!

Sweet Melanie and MK

Look at those beautiful curls she is getting in the back.

Cutie Patootie!

MK's new bangs!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Aw. So cute! She looks a little different with bangs but not drastically different. She's so beautiful! Bangs always take getting a little use to. I'm glad she did well. :) I love her curls.