Monday, February 1

Some Updates

Things are pretty good around the Abernathy household. I cannot believe it's February! Wow! One month down for 2010. I am not the biggest fan of Spring, but now I am getting excited about all that we have planned. (I'm also looking forward to those big Spring thunderstorms!!) Anyways, here are some updates on the family.

Kaden:
My sweet boy is growing so fast, and likes to daily inform me that he will be 4 on his birthday! I tell him he needs to stop rushing it since it's still a few months away! There are times I think back to when he was a baby and I just can't believe the transformation he has gone through in only 3.5 years. Trains are still his favorite thing to play with, although Cars are a close second since Uncle Jeff got him the movie for Christmas. He is getting better at writing his name and spelling other words too. He is fascinated with letters and sounds and loves to tell us what letter certain words start with. I have also begun working on simple math with him, and he is doing well at adding and subtracting small numbers. For some reason, he is better at subtraction than addition. He is still a very thoughtful boy with good manners. He also loves to pray at our mealtimes which is a precious thing to hear!

Mary-Kate:
MK is just as wild as ever, and I think she is practicing acting like a 2 year old lately. She loves to tell us "No!" and then laugh about it. She can also throw a fit like no other! Don't get me wrong though, she is still a sweet little cuddlebug that loves to crawl into our laps and snuggle up with sweet hugs and kisses. She is very smart too and impresses us all the time. Not only is she speaking very well, but she is even saying 3 to 4 word sentences often. It's so fun to sit and have conversations with her and understand the things she is saying. Lately she has been having trouble sleeping, so I have been keeping her nap time shorter to help with this. My mom said I was the same way, and to this day I have trouble sleeping. I hope it's just a phase, but not holding my breath!

Bryan:
Bryan is doing wonderfully, and is really enjoying his roles at our church. He is excited to serve as Deacon and still loves helping with the college ministry. It was also awesome to watch him step out of his comfort zone and do a skit with me in church yesterday. There are so many things he never thought he could do, because he never had the confidence, but now he is learning that he isn't the person he thought he was. I am so thankful for the transformation he has gone through this past year. He is such an amazing and strong man and has dealt with a lot! He has learned that he can overcome anything with the support of those that love him. The best way I can describe it, is like he is a butterfly that has come out of his cocoon...but he may think that is too feminine an analogy! Haha! So...make it a very masculine butterfly! ;o) He is really overcoming an awful past!

Me:
So many wonderful things are happening with my business and I praise God for the blessings he is pouring out on me! It is so exciting to see the growth and to know that I get to stay home with my kids and do something I love so much. Not only am I expanding my products and coming out with new things weekly, but I am also finding more opportunities to meet new people and get my name out. I am excited that a local baby store here in San Angelo has agreed to have a section to sell my bows and stuff. I will also have the pleasure of having a kiosk at the mall again this month. I'm also looking forward to a trunk show that I will have next month! I never imagined that I would get to do so many exciting things like this when I first started my business.

Family:
I love to plan things way in advance. I call it organization, Bryan just says I'm anal. Ha! Either way, we have some exciting things already in the works for this year. The most exciting is probably our trip to Disney World at the end of the year. I am thrilled about this. It's going to be so much fun! It will also be Kaden's last Fall trip before he is in school. Can anyone say, WOW!?! Our kids are still loving spending time with their grandparents, school friends, and the college kids. Life is never dull and we jam pack each day with a lot of fun!


No comments: