Monday, February 22

D-Now Weekend

We had another super busy weekend, but one full of blessings. Bryan and I were privileged to help lead the juniors and seniors at our church's D-Now this weekend. It was an amazing experience. I admit I was a little wary of doing it, because I was worried about leaving the kids with my parents for the weekend and felt a little overwhelmed with all we had going on. God, however, reminded me how much things are not about ME, and how he has great plans!

The curriculum was amazing and written by our youth minister, Matt. There were so many things that God reminded me of through the weekend. I am so thankful that God continues to teach us and use us at the same time. Ultimately, God reminded me of his love for me and how he seeks a relationship with us. Our world is full of suffering and sorrow, but we can have HOPE. You have the opportunity to know God too and he longs for this! He sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins which have separated us from him! As I always say, please ask me if you want to know more about this. If you are feeling hopeless there is something that can change that.

Saturday night we had a Movie Night Dance where everyone dressed as movie characters. It was a ton of fun and the kids got to participate. I have some pictures below to share of the event. On a more somber note, we passed by a wreck on the way up to the church and I saw a dead body. It was very disturbing and has made me think about a lot of things since. Life is so short. Count your blessings every day! I am so thankful that I have a God that loves me and such a wonderful family.

I am so glad we had an awesome group of kids this weekend. I have never been around such a sweet natured and agreeable bunch. There was never any whining or complaining and everyone was respectful to us. They were so smart and fun and it was great to get to know them better. Here are pics from the dance.

The boys being crazy.

Dancing!

Clapping along.

Sweet hugs!

Brotherly love

Dance Off!

Thriller

Haha!

Good ol' running man!

Men in Black

Loving her some popcorn!

Cuties!

1 comment:

As For Me and My House said...

too cute of the kids! Oh, and you and B too! :)