This one was really cool. Extra Hands...they offered to help get ready for Dimples & Dots events, move stuff, etc.
This coupon was awesome too. These students have beautiful voices and mad guitar skills and we love it when they come over and sing for us!
Isn't this book awesome? Such sweet kids! Anyways, it was after 1:30am before they left and close to 2am when we got in bed. I usually have trouble going to sleep, but I think it didn't take long this time! Here is where it gets weird...
Next thing I know I wake up with the sound of the doorbell. I look at Bryan, maybe I had just dreamed it. He was happily snoring away. Convinced it was a dream I laid back down just to hear the doorbell again. I sleep with earplugs because Bryan is a loud snorer, so I still wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not. Bryan was still sleeping peacefully. I tapped him lightly on the shoulder and asked him if he had heard the doorbell. Duh! Of course he hadn't, but I didn't think I was completely crazy. He told me I was probably just dreaming when we BOTH heard someone beating on our door. It totally freaked me out!! We peeked out our window and there was a cop car in front of our house.
I was wide awake now and scared to death about why a cop might be beating on our door this time of night. I scrambled to put on my robe as Bryan put his shirt on, all the while letting my imagination get carried away. I have a tendency to worry too much and I was thinking a billion different things. Were my parents ok? Well, they were out of town and I had talked to my Mom right before they had gone to bed. Was it my grandparents? But why would they send a cop? Had I done something wrong and there was a warrant out for my arrest? (See, I'm crazy...I'll claim it had something to do with being woken up after a couple of hours of sleep, but I doubt that is the total truth!)
We went and answered the door and there was this big cop standing there. "Are y'all ok?" he asked. I was thinking, Um, that depends, you tell us... He then informed us that they had received two 911 calls from our house. Ok, what?? Our house? But everyone was asleep. I peeked in the kids rooms at this point and they were both sleeping hard. No one had accidentally called from a cell phone or anything. He then told us it was from a landline. Bryan explained that we don't even have a landline, and we have never had one while living in this house! There is not even a phone plugged up! It was the weirdest thing, and no one knows what happened. A second cop joined him at this point. He had been walking around our house to make sure there were no intruders and that everything was ok.
They apologized for bothering us at this point and then they left. I was so thankful that nothing had really been wrong, but my heart was beating out of my chest. I had too much adrenaline pumping through my body to sleep. Since we still couldn't understand what had happened my imagination started going crazy again. Let's just say that I watch too much Criminal Minds. I started imagining worse case scenario where there were people ready to come in and get us and the police would just ignore our 911 calls thinking it was a prank. Oy! That made it even harder to sleep. After about an hour and a half I was able to get back to sleep before Bryan's alarm woke me up again. Needless to say I am pretty tired today!
Funny story though, when I finally woke up this morning, I heard a rustling sound coming from my office. I went in there, and low and behold, there was a little girl shoving gummy bears in her mouth as fast as she could! She had gone through my purse and pulled out the gummy bear package and helped herself. Lol! It was so funny watching her shove the handful in her mouth so I wouldn't take them away from her. I had to try really hard to scold her instead of laugh!
So that was our weird night. We still don't know what happened, but thankfully it had a good ending instead of bad!



3 comments:
Oh my! That situation with the cops would have freaked me out too! I'm not a very creative person, but I have a wild imagination when it comes to thinking about scary scenarios. I'm glad Kaden and MK were able to sleep through all of that.
Very strange! That coupon book is so cool! How thoughtful of them to give that to you.
Oh my gosh, that would have made me so frightened! I know Aaron would have slept with the gun in his hand. Haha. I hope nothing too weird is going on that you're unaware of. I pray for a peaceful night's sleep tonight!
What's unnerving is WHO really called 911. I would hate to think that there was an emergency and wires got crossed (or something) and the police weren't able to be there. YIKES!!!
On another note, that coupon book is fab!!
Post a Comment