Tuesday, February 23

Snow Day!

We were blessed with another day of snow around here! "They" started predicting over the weekend that it would come on Tuesday. The closer it came, the more hopeful I grew. Monday night we went to bed with rain and ice hitting the windows. The next morning, I peeked out the window, and sure enough, there was snow! It proceeded to snow late into the afternoon. At some points there were big flakes coming down like crazy. It was beautiful! The official record said that we got 4". It's crazy how two days before I was in a t-shirt and flip flops, and then we were all bundled up playing in snow!

The kids had a great time. They were so excited to wake up and see the white stuff everywhere. They also enjoyed sitting at the back door and watching it fall. We went out that morning and spent some time playing in it. MK didn't want to really get in it at first, but then she warmed up to it after I helped her out in it. Kade was all about crawling, running, plowing, stomping, throwing, and eating it! After we came inside to warm up and dry off, Daddy came home for lunch and surprised us with the news that he didn't have to go back to work! Woo hoo! Mary-Kate was super tired, so she went down for a nap, but then Kade and Bryan got to have some awesome Daddy/Son time in the snow. I enjoyed staying warm in the house and then coming out for some occasional pictures! They built a snowman and had a snowball fight! Overall, it was a great day and I am glad we had two really awesome snowfalls this winter.


Beautiful snowfall.

Excited to go play!

They had new rain boots to try out. They were great!

"Making Tracks"

Content on the sidewalk.


Such a cutie!

Happy to be out there with brother!

I said put your tongue out and taste the snow...This is the difference between girls and boys. MK was on the same page as me! Haha!

Eating more snow. Told him to try not to get leaves and grass.

The wind picked up and blew the snow in his face.

Time with Daddy.

Building a snowman.

Snow angel.

I love how you can see the snow falling in this pic.

So proud!

Meet Bob.

He was leaning a little.

Snowball fight!

Daddy was a lot better at it.

Kade tried.

Wait for it...

This shot makes me laugh every time!

Haha!

He was ok!

and happy just to be out with Daddy!

Paybacks...

Got him!

3 comments:

As For Me and My House said...

I love these snow pictures! Your shots are amazing! All we get here is wind....oh, it did flurry for about 2 minutes and since we were sitting in the dining room where I have two HUGE windows we actually go to see it...I guess we could have gone out and made a quick snow mosquito, that is if we could have caught it, which I am sure we couldn't have, so I guess it's better we just watched it...by the time we took off our t-shirts and put on sweaters it would have been over anyway...am I rambling?

Donna/Ellie said...

Sooooo neat! I'll admit I'm so jealous! We had ONE snow day all season, and I know it was great but I want morrrrre. What a treat! The pics are so fun, and Bob is quite handsome if I do say so myself!

Deborah said...

How fun. All we got was sleet and flakes that melted on impact. However, we're looking at alot of snowy winters to come. But shhhh...it's a big secret that I can't talk about on FB. We should be making the announcement sometime the end of next month. I've got to get to San Angelo before because it's going to be too far to come back often--like I ever make it there was San Antonio :-)