Although it was a fun weekend, it was also a long one. The hours were 10am-9pm, not including setting up and closing down. Sunday was 12-6pm. Each night I would go home and do some more work until around 1am or so, and then head to bed to try and get some rest before the next day. Saturday evening I began to have some severe pain in my left shoulder and neck that included some tingling in my left arm and hand. I have no idea what that is about, but thankfully a heating pad and some sleep helped it out a bit. It only tingled a few times today with a dull throb. I have decided that this next week I am going to get my very first massage to help relieve some of the tension and stress.
Thank you to all of you who came out for a visit. I appreciated all of your encouragement and support. It means so much to me! After Bryan and I cleaned and packed it up tonight, we came to my Mom and Dad's house where the kids were waiting with a nice hot dinner and Pink Valentine's Cake they had made. My Mom had the dining table set all nice with Valentine's paper goods and dishes. It was so wonderful! Oh, and did I mention that my mom helped the kids make us Valentine's yesterday when she was watching them. They were so cute! My Mom has always made holidays a special time, and she is so great to have helped so much this weekend! She is the best!! We all enjoyed a nice family dinner and cake and then we all exchanged some cards and small gifts. The kids were super excited about that. We were shocked that my mom gave us the new Super Mario Brothers for the Wii. Bryan was REALLY excited about that. Lol! We have been renting it from hastings lately, and have really been enjoying it.
Anyways, I just feel super blessed and feel like words can't express how thankful I am. It was definitely a great weekend. Here are a few pictures from the mall.
7 comments:
Wow, Janet! You have a LOT of stuff! I think what you do is amazing! I am so glad it's been so successful! What are the things in the baskets in the first picture?
Congrats on your success! So what sold best for you?
Thanks y'all! The things in the baskets are my kufi hats and crocheted headbands.
Deborah, it's hard to say...my dresses are one of my biggest sellers, but I would say my bows and headbands did just as well this time too.
I love the dresses. I can just imagine all the little girls wandering around the rodeo in them. Let's see, isn't the rodeo in March there. Maybe it will be warm enough then. Wouldn't it be fun to run into kids in your stuff!
So glad it went so great!!!
You've won the Honest Scrap award over on my blog! Go check it out and then follow the directions to pass it along!
That's so awesome Janet! I love your kiosk. There sure are a lot of bows. :P I try to tell you this often but I know I can't say it enough, I'm really proud of you Janet. :) Love the pics of the kids. I always enjoy seeing them. Emily loves suckers too. :)
Post a Comment