The thunder had woken Kaden up, so I took him outside to show him the snow falling. He wasn't as enthused as I thought he might be. Ha!

I was hoping all night that the snow and ice would be enough to cancel school and work today. It sounded nice to just sleep in with the kiddos and enjoy a day together. Sure enough everything was canceled today! The kids didn't really sleep in, but at least we didn't have to jump up and be somewhere all dressed. The kids were content to watch some cartoons and veg out before heading outside. Then, it was time to get dressed in our snow suits and rain boots!
When we were all bundled up, we went outside to enjoy the snow. "It's like ice," Kaden said. He was right about that. It was 20*, feels like 3* according to the weather.com.
"First things first, Mary-Kate. You gotta make a snow angel."
It didn't take too long before the kids wanted to come back inside for a bit. We peeled off our layers...aaaahhhh.....
The giggles were priceless. Kade's not bad. He will probably take after his Uncle Jeff and Granddad.

It's going to be a cold few days with temps barely getting above freezing, if they do at all. Hard to believe we just had a few days of upper 70's and low 80's. T-shirt weather to snow. Gotta love Texas! I plan to stay warm with my snuggly little bugs!





2 comments:
Love those dancing pics---So sweet!!
Love this! Be glad you're in San Angelo--my brother in Abilene said it was 12 inches there but you probably know more about that then I do! So what dance are they learning?
Post a Comment