Thursday, December 10

Goofing Off!

It struck me as funny when I came around the corner today and saw MK wearing her shirt like this. It was like she was trying to follow the latest off the shoulder styles! She is such a little ham.


This afternoon Kaden came into the bathroom while I was fixing my hair so that he could sit and watch me. To help entertain him and keep him out of trouble, I started asking him questions, like how he spelled his name. He was very quick to tell me how to spell his name, so I started asking him how to spell other things, like "Mom" and "Dad." He wasn't sure, so we started talking about the letters and the sounds they make, etc. He was able to repeat back to me how to spell those words plus the word "Dog" and "Cat." I didn't think much about it at the time. I figured he was just regurgitating the letters and not really learning them. Much to my surprise, tonight when we got home from church he disappeared for a few minutes and then came back into the living room with his little magna doodle. I was shocked to see that he had actually written the words, "Dad" and "Mom" with no help from anyone. This was hours after our initial conversation. I am so proud of him and look forward to working on more reading and writing with him soon. I know I am biased, but I think he is so smart!

Kaden's work!

MK wanting in on the picture.

Kaden took this pic. Not bad for a 3 year old!

MK took this one. Haha!

3 comments:

Kris T said...

Great job, Kaden!!

House of Blues said...

Gosh I cannot believe how big MK has gotten!!!!! Adorable! Kaden IS super smart! that is awesome!

Cami said...

HAHA MK :) Love the new style!! And way to go Kaden!! That is just too awesome! You think he could come over and give lessons? ;)