This past friday we were blessed with the first big accumulation of snow here in San Angelo in 3 years!! We were all so excited. I had been anticipating it all week. Unlike a lot of the people around me, I just enjoy the hope of snow, even if it doesn't come true. So when they forecasted we would have snow by the end of the week, something in me believed them. The conditions outside seemed ripe, and I was very hopeful. I was not disappointed in the end! Late Thursday night, or early Friday morning rather, the beautiful snow began to fall! I peeked out the blinds to see that the fluffy white stuff had covered the ground and was still falling. Of course, like a silly kid, I had to wake Bryan up and show him. He was excited too! I snuggled back down under the warm comforter excited that the kids and I would be able to play in it later.
It was priceless to wake Kade up and tell him to peek out his window. He was ecstatic to see all of the snow and couldn't wait to go out and play in it. Mary-Kate's reaction was priceless too. She had never seen snow before (IRL) and just stared open-mouthed at it. I told her it was snow, and she started saying, "Mo? Mo? Mo?" Haha! We quickly put on all our warm layers and got ready to go outside! Kade, who had seen and played in snow before, and who had been watching cartoons about snow, was ready to throw snowballs and make angels! Mary-Kate on the other hand wasn't so sure!
Ready to go!


He was so sweet, he asked permission to throw snowballs at me! :o)

Her expression looks so much like my grandmother here! It cracks me up. She walked right off the sidewalk and stayed in the same place for at least 10 minutes watching Kade. She didn't care for the snow at first.


Making snow angels.

Finally thinking the stuff might be fun!

Oops!

She was not happy about sliding, or sitting in the snow!

Checking out the front yard and our snowman named "Wook" by Mary-Kate.

She decided she was scared of him when she got up close!


More angels,

and more snowballs!

Finally enjoying herself!

Having fun!

Shedding our wet clothes and getting warm!

2 comments:
Very jealous of your snow. It was supposed to come here but went to Houston instead. Neither of my boys has had snow so I think we're owed some, however it's only snowed twice while I lived in San Antonio. Of course they got 16 inches my senior year in San Angelo--so not fair!
Omg those pics were so fun!!! I'm the giddiest when it comes to snow too! I love all the shots you got, theIr expressions...and the baby Kaden pics! Awwww :)
Post a Comment