Wednesday, December 16

My Office

I have been having a blast working on bows, tutus, and dresses for customers lately. I am blessed to be able to do something I love so much on the side of being a SAHM too. It may sound silly, but I really love ribbon and bows and girly things. Yesterday, when the kids were in school I planned to run into Hobby Lobby for just a few minutes because I had a lot on my list of things to do. As I perused the aisles of colorful ribbon, my eyes glazed over and I became like a kid in a candy store. I can't explain how much I love matching outfits and coming up with custom orders. Needless to say, my few minutes became a tad bit longer! Ha! Next, when I went to Target, I was walking through all of the little girl clothes, and the same thing happened. As I was looking at the clothes, my mind started immediately thinking of bows that could match, and other ideas of things to make to go with it. I probably sound really materialistic and stupid, but it's not like that. I just really enjoy the experience of shopping and creating.

I have been in business for a year and I still cannot believe how it has grown. I never dreamed it would be what it is now. God has blessed me tremendously and I give Him full credit! Seeing the change that has taken place in a year has allowed me to actually dream of what Dimples & Dots could be in the future, and it is exciting to think about! In the meantime, I am having a blast, meeting people and making them happy with what I can do for them! I truly love to serve those that come to me with requests!

This has definitely been a busy time of year for me juggling family, shows, and custom orders. My office has been kind of crazy since the last big show I had. Ok, it kind of looked like a tornado hit it! Since a big part of my business involves people coming to my house to match outfits or shop, I have been needing to find some time to clean and organize. Thanks to my lovely husband, we spent a lot of time doing that last night. We cleaned, organized, and rearranged! We still have a little more organizing to do, but I am so pleased with how it turned out so far! It allowed me to split the room into a workspace area and a shopping area. Just wanted to share some of the pics of my clean space! Thanks again to all of you for supporting me and encouraging me in this crazy, fun endeavor! Y'all help make this all worth it!

Some of my dresses, hats, baby legs, and tutus.

My sewing station and work table!

This is my new sewing machine! So fun!

Some of my bows, clippies, and hair bow holders!

Same thing, but zoomed out a little.

A place to rest or sit and visit!

6 comments:

cls said...

Your office is gorgeous and so inviting! I LOVE IT! I would never leave! I'd make bows all day and night (if I knew how). I can't wait for the day when we have just ONE MORE room so I can have an office. How blessed you are, lady!

*Kc* said...

Wow! I'm so jealous. It looks so clean and neat :) Our next house will have an extra room for me an office, I insist. lol!

Chris and Carolee said...

Looks great. I have been passing your cards out like crazy so I hope people are calling. Congrats on making it a year.

Shaunna said...

How nice that you have room in your home for your business- It looks great!

Christine said...

I really am so proud of you Janet. Your office looks great and I wish I could be there to shop. :)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Oh wow! What an awesome work space!!! I love how everything is organized and gives you mental room to create too. While I have no clue how to make a bow (I can barely put my own ponytail up), I think sewing and create are incredibly fun. Just wish I had the time to do it all. :)

Congrats on your business, Janet!!!