Friday, December 31

Anniversary Trip

Bryan and I were super blessed to take an anniversary trip this year. Thanks to my amazing parents who watched the kids for us while we were gone. We stayed at a great hotel in Dallas (Arlington). We left the morning of our actual anniversary (the 27th) and drove to our hotel. I had planned on us going to Six Flags for part of the day on the 28th, but I saw on the forecast where it was supposed to be cold and rainy, so we headed there that afternoon. We have season passes, so it didn't cost us anything to go ride some roller coasters for the rest of the afternoon.

When we were done there we cleaned up and went out to dinner at Ghengis Grill. I had eaten there when we went to Granbury, but Bryan had never eaten there before. He loved it! It is so good. We exchanged gifts at the restaurant. Bryan surprised me with a beautiful new charm for my pandora bracelet. I surprised him with tickets for a tour at Cowboys stadium! He was super excited. We went to Old Navy and a few other places after that and finished our evening with cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory! I got White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut, and Bryan got a red velvet cheesecake.

The next morning we enjoyed sleeping in and then got ready to go on our tour. We were minutes from the stadium. It was cold and rainy, so we were very glad we had gone to Six Flags the day before, and that we would be touring an indoor stadium.


Bryan was so excited and ready to go!

Incredible!

This is Jerry Jones' box. Amazing seats and features.

Another view.

This is one of the views from the "Standing room only" section. Not bad!

Of course there are water fountains in the stadium, and of course they shoot water, do tricks, and light up!

There are even cars in there.

The Cotton Bowl Office

Some of you aggies might like this pic. That's this year's cotton bowl trophy in the middle.


The goal posts

The 50 yard line.

The cheerleader's locker room. They each have a picture of themselves in uniform with their name above their locker. I made sure that didn't make it into this pic. ;o)

The picture in the middle is from the very first Cowboys locker room. Their names are on their lockers written in sharpie on masking tape!

Here is the locker room today. The name plates are a little different from the masking tape.

Miles Austin is one of my favorite players, and on our fantasy team!

Bryan has his own locker!



The Cowboys come out of the locker room and onto the field from the Miller Lounge.

This is the look from the field.


We were trying to do the self-timer when this lady offered to lay on the ground and take our picture. Ha!

Laying on the AT&T Logo.

Just being silly.


We spent most of the morning at the tour and a lot of the afternoon shopping at a nearby mall. It was so cold and wet, that we decided the perfect evening would be to make a pizza in our hotel and sit by the fire watching movies. Our hotel room had a little kitchen and a fireplace in it. It was a great evening, complete with a toast of Dr. Pepper/Pepsi in champagne glasses!

(Having a little fun with the self-timer on our camera.)



We slept in again the next morning, and then packed up and hit the road. We were refreshed and ready to hug the kiddos' necks. It was so good to have that time away and then great to come home and see them again. We finished the rest of the day cleaning and putting away our Christmas stuff. Hard to believe another year has flown by. We wish all of you a very happy and blessed new year!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I love it! I am so jealous! I would love to go. Austin is one of my favs too!

Deborah said...

Looks like alot of fun! Did you know my mother's cousin owned the cowboys back when they had tape and sharpie on their lockers. I think his father was brother to my grandmother or something. Unfortunately, the money stayed on his side of the family!

Lara said...

I love the pictures! It looks like ya'll had a great time. I especially love the last few pictures where it's just the two of you alone, you can really tell how much in love you are with eachother!