Monday, December 8

Just Some Updates

We have been really busy around here lately! (Tis the season, right?) I have not had much time to get on here and blog like I would like. We have spent a lot of time cleaning and decorating the house for Christmas. We have also been spending a lot of time with family and friends. Friday night we had our Sunday School Christmas party, Saturday we had Bryan's office Christmas party, and Sunday we had our college group Christmas party. Despite the busyness, all were a lot of fun! I enjoyed the different crowds and activities we had, and of course all the yummy foods.

Kade and MK have been having a blast playing with each other and the Christmas decorations. They have been playing so sweetly lately and it melts my heart. Kade is usually very patient with her and although he gets upset sometimes about sharing his toys, other times he is the first to offer her something. He is constantly talking to her and explaining things. When we drive he points things out to her and tells her what it is. He is always quick to tell us what her needs are too, especially if she is crying!! Kade is an amazing big brother, and I hope their friendship carries on into adulthood. I have really been enjoying Kade's verbal skills lately. I am still blown away by his thought process. He seems to be a very deep thinker and we crack up at the things he says to us. He is very passionate and sweet and loyal to those he loves. One of my favorite things about Kade right now is how much help he is. He lights up when he gets to participate in something, and he seems to enjoy serving others...much like his Daddy! He also has an obsession with choo choo trains and Christmas lights right now. He makes life so much fun!!

MK is 7 months old now and she has got the cutest little personality. She is very intense and observant. She can get her feelings hurt pretty easily too. When she is upset she is very over dramatic and I definitely worry about that one in the future! Ha! Fortunately, she is a very happy baby and loves to smile. She has 8 teeth and I hope that is it for awhile! She is getting more and more beautiful every day. She is also getting more mobile every day too! This crazy girl is trying to keep up with her brother. She is crawling, pulling up, and even cruising along the furniture now. I don't know if it is a fluke or not, but when I say "Mama" she repeats after me with a big smile. I like to think she is saying my name! She definitely know the sign for nurse (milk) though, and does this whenever she is ready to eat!

I know I always say this, but my kiddos bring me so much joy, it's crazy! I love living day to day celebrating their victories and milestones. I thank God for the gift of my wonderful family! Here are some recent pics of everyone. Some of them are pretty random.

Watching Brother and Daddy put up the Christmas lights outside.

Helping Daddy...

It's what he does best!

My sweet man!

He gets really excited about Christmas Trees too! Lol!

Putting up the Christmas tree.

We love jammies in this house!

Isn't he great?

Kade was actually a big help! He loved hanging ornaments.

So proud!

Beautiful girl!

8 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful kids. Hard to believe our 2 year olds will be 3 soon and so hard to believe that MK is 7 months already.

London said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well, but busy. I think everyone is right now. Your family is so beautiful!

Kaycee said...

Soo cute! Yay for the update, i've been wondering about you :)

Deborah said...

They look so adorable! I guess you're getting some Christmasy weather today. Mike will there today for work before he heads up to Abilene. I'm so jealous that I couldn't go to. Next time I'm pulling Sean out of school so we can tag along for a visit!

Jenny/Moravia said...

Cute Pictures. Good to hear you guys are doing well.

Donna/Ellie said...

Such beauty in your whole family. I think I say that a lot but it's true! I can't believe mk is already 7 months!

Kasey Gonzales said...

hey jan,
i was wondering about you too - i've been missing your blog! but yeah i've felt busy too, and we haven't had nearly as many parties to go to you! I LOVE the top two pics of mary kate and kaden - she really is getting more and more beautiful. her hairbow and hoodie are so cute! - is the bow one you made? and he always has such a cute smile! by the way, y'alls tree looks great! don't you just LOVE christmas trees? =)

House of Blues said...

Hey, I was just thinking of you and wanted to say hi! MK is so beautiful! You know I just realized that we both have a May 06 baby AND a may 08 baby! How funny. Love the new pics.