One of my dearest friends, Annette, was pregnant with her 4th child and asked if I could be a labor support person during her birth. She was wanting to have a natural delivery and had never done that with any of her previous births. I was thrilled to be able to help, but nervous that I might be of no use. She was to deliver in New Braunfels, which is 4 hours away from San Angelo, so I just kept praying that the timing would work out perfectly. It was such an awesome experience to prepare for the delivery as I spent time researching techniques, tips, good scripture to use, and spent lots of time praying.




Friday night, I heard from her and she was starting to have contractions. It was pretty late and I knew that I needed to get some sleep before traveling, so I was worried I might miss out on the birth. Early saturday morning I got up and started heading that way. While on the road I got a text from her that her contractions had stopped. I still figured that this was real labor and she would be having the baby this weekend, so I kept on going. My brother lives in San Marcos (15 minutes from New Braunfels) and I knew I would be able to stay with him. I spent a lot of the day on Saturday walking with Ryan and Annette trying to stimulate more contractions. This time was precious to me as we got to hang out. I hadn't seen them in a long time. It felt very weird to be without my children although it was nice to have some "me" time as well. Bryan is such a wonderful husband and Dad, and I am thankful that he takes such good care of our children.
One of the blessings of the weekend was that I got to spend a lot of time with my brother just the two of us. We haven't done that in a long time! It was really hard to be away from the kids but I knew it was good for all of us too. It was my first time to be away from MK and the longest I had ever been away from Kade too! After not much happened with Annette on Saturday, I was thankful to hear that labor had started again early Sunday morning. I knew we would have a baby by the next day for sure! By Sunday night Annette's labor had really progressed and they asked me to come be with them. All I can say is that it was amazing to watch how well she was dealing with the contractions. It was awesome to spend that time reading scripture, praying, and visiting. I was so impressed that Annette was able to joke around during that time. We eventually made our way to the hospital a little after midnight and she was still coping very well. To see the strength that God gave her was incredible. She was amazing as she dealt with the pain and everything that came her way. I am so proud of her and am forever thankful I got to be apart of this special moment with her and Ryan.
God is so good and answered our prayers! At 3:08am Boden Matthew Pool was born into this world. He weighed 8lbs 120z and was 21" long. He was super cute and had that perfect newborn cry. I know his precious family is excited that he is finally here. He is an answer to major prayer as they have dealt with so much in their lives. Thanks again for letting me be apart of this birth Annette! You are an amazing and strong woman. I can't tell you how proud and impressed I am of you. I love you!
1 comment:
That was so awesome and special of her to let you be there with them during her labor and birth! I know how hard it is to be away from the kids for that many days but sometimes, it's worth it! I'm going to be away from my girls for a week at the end of August and I'm not really looking forward to it but I know we all need breaks from eachother sometimes and they'll be in good hands.
BTW, I've always wanted to be in the delivery room for my sisters or close friends but they never let me! haha! I've actually seriously thought about going back to school to become an OB Nurse! LOL!
Post a Comment