It has been awhile since I have updated on the kiddos so I just wanted to share some of the goings on in our household.
*Kaden*
is doing well. He is speaking so much clearer now and it's hard to believe how much his vocabulary has progressed in a year. We hold long conversations and his little mind is so interesting and entertaining. Like all 3 year olds, he is very inquisitive and always asking questions. I especially love to watch him play pretend. The world is at his fingertips as he imagines up the funniest stories and games. Like I have said before, Kaden is our music man and is constantly singing too. He sings songs he has learned at school, but mostly songs he makes up. They are often times about his number one love, trains! He spends hours pretending and singing about trains. One thing we have noticed about Kaden's personality recently, is that he is more reserved and quiet like his Daddy (and very much NOT like his sister!) He can often times be found sitting quietly taking things in, and he is more observant than most adults I know. He already has basic traffic rules down and tells us when to stop or go at the lights and when to slow down or speed up! One night it was so funny because Bryan turned right on a red light and Kaden freaked out saying he wasn't supposed to run the red light. Try explaining the right on red concept to a 3 year old! Kaden is a fierce lover and always has lots of hugs and kisses to offer all of us. He now tells us "I love you" without any prompting which is one of the best things I have ever heard. I love this boy!!
*Mary-Kate*
is a little ball of fire. That girl never stops, even while sleeping! I rarely have a chance to sit down during the day for more than a few minutes because she is constantly moving from one daring thing to the next. She seems to have no fear as I keep finding her climbing up and standing on the table or diving off the couch. She has a way of making my heart race all the time! Haha! She definitely does not like to be left behind by Kaden and thinks she can do whatever he does. This often causes outrage when we have to hold her back. She is very passionate and emotional and I don't know if it's a girl thing or what. She is to the age where she is testing all of her boundaries, and we are beginning to experiment with discipline, much to her disliking. Boy is that an understatement...this girl throws the biggest fits I have ever seen when we tell her no. I am still loving doing all the girly things like jewelry, hair bows, and cute clothes. She seems to know that I like to put bows in her hair and she will go grab one after I get her dressed and try and put it on. She is growing fast and seems to tower over other babies her age. It seems like everywhere we go lately, we run into people with babies her age, and they act shocked that she is not older. Just this past week I notice her toes starting to hang over the edge of her sandals again. Sure enough, after measuring her this weekend, she is needing size 6 shoes. Yikes! Much to my liking, MK is still totally into snuggling and loves to cuddle up with me throughout the day. She also is a huge blankie fan, and drags it around with her all day long. I think it is so fun to see the differences in my kids and I look forward to watching them grow and learn every day!
Mary-Kate was having a hard time understanding that brother wasn't in the mood to share his dump truck with her tonight. She really enjoys pushing it around the house and putting things in it. So Bryan, being the good Dad that he is, came up with the idea to get her the umbrella stroller to push her baby doll around in. She absolutely loved it! Of course, when that got old, the kids enjoyed pushing each other around in the stroller! It was a sight to see.




4 comments:
We watched the Scorcers Stone last night too. Elijah loved it, especially the giant chess scene!
I love Mary Kate's face while she is trying to push Kade. Too funny!
I am SO EXCITED for Harry 6. I'm re-reading it now and just purchased my midnight on July 14 movie tix. Lol, dork time again, and I couldn't care less!
I love the picture of MK pushing Kade. I will go see HP in a week or two for my birthday on the 3rd. Naomi LOVES Prisoner of Azkaban. I thought she'd be afraid of the dementors, but we told her they weren't real and just computer images. She was cool w/ that and loves to watch it.
Post a Comment