Fortunately, the weekend is looming ahead and some rest is on the way. Although I am hoping to rest, I am also looking forward to getting some work done for my business too. I have a bunch of things I am working on for my fall line and some shows that I am preparing for. I really enjoy making hair bows and tutus and such, and am so thankful that I have something like this that I get to do aside from being a SAHM.
Speaking of working on things...I finished my first dress today! I was so excited. I actually cut out the pattern, pieced it together, and sewed it by myself. I couldn't have done it without my amazing teacher Janie though! She helped me so much and I really enjoyed learning from her! I look forward to cutting out another pattern and trying it again! I hope that practice will make perfect one day!





6 comments:
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the dress! So cute and I am way impressed that was your first one to sew on your own- I think it looks great :)
hahaha- also loved the play on words of your title! Hope you get some rest this weekend!
I agree...VBS is lots of fun, but it definitely wears you out!! We had family pictures the day after our VBS wrapped up, and Addi was the grouchiest girl EVER- Not fun at all!!
Great job on the dress- Super cute!!
How cute. My goal this fall or spring is to take a sewing class. Not that I have anyone to make cute little dresses for but at least maybe I can make curtains or something!
Not only is the dress beautiful but the model you have is the a very cute model on you side as well.
Janet, you inspire me everyday,even when you don't blog. You are so talented, and such a good mom and wonderful wife. Reading how you balance it all amazes me, and even the days you are unsure of yourself its ok because you are human and its nice to read about it all. I am glad we are friends and hope we are forever.
that little dress is seeewwww cute!
{pun intended}
wow i'm impressed jan! you did a great job!! i just don't think i have the patience to sew =). i wore plenty of home-made clothes growing up though (a few bad memories there haha). hope to see you guys soon..i can't believe it's already august - this summer is flying by!!
Post a Comment