Today we are celebrating Uncle Jeff Day! This morning, when Kade woke up we were sitting in his bed talking about all kinds of adventures and exciting things. I don't remember how we got around to it, but for some reason we started talking about going to the zoo. Kaden said he wanted to go to the zoo, and I told him maybe we could make that happen again by the end of the summer. Then out of nowhere, Kaden says, "Do you think Uncle Jeff can go to the zoo with us? I want him too." My heart totally melted and I said that I didn't know if he could, but if he was able to, I'm sure he would love to spend some time with us. Then Kade proceeded to tell me that he wanted to go see the elephants, and that he thought Uncle Jeff would want to see them too! I had to laugh and agree that I bet Uncle Jeff would want to see the elephants. I have no idea what inspired this thought process, but it is precious to me that he loves his Uncle Jeff so much and that he thinks and talks about him. The rest of the morning he would talk about things that Uncle Jeff would want to do. So, I asked Kade if he wanted to officially make this day, Uncle Jeff Day! Kade was very enthusiastic about this, thus the day began!
What do you do on Uncle Jeff Day? Well, I'm glad you asked!
You most definitely have to put your Texas Tech garb on. You can't celebrate a day like today without making it a red and black day!
You absolutely have to "Get your guns up!" Multiple times throughout the day in fact.
There has to be some UFC as well.
Anything goes in this kind of fighting. (Don't be fooled by the cheerleader, she is the meanest and toughest fighter out there! I blame Uncle Jeff for exposing her to UFC when she was just a young babe! Ha!)


A little role play of when we get to go to the zoo and see the elephants! Did you know elephants eat cheerios off of freight trains? Amazing!
Big smiles!

What else are we doing on this special day? In honor of Uncle Jeff we are currently watching our favorite DVRed show and then a nap is on the agenda after a good lunch! The day just keeps getting better and better! We love you Uncle Jeff and miss you! Glad that we can celebrate this day in honor of you! Look forward to seeing you soon for our big party!
3 comments:
i hope that was some phineas and ferb
Addi is a total UFC fighter too...Blake loves to play UFC with her- Ha!! Looks like a fun "Uncle Jeff Day!"
What zoo do y'all see the elephants at? If it's ours please let me know when you come so we can join you. I need something to get me up and going to get some activities in!
Post a Comment