Tuesday, October 20

Kaden's First Field Trip and a Sick Girl

Well, so much for our "good health" that I wrote about in my last blog. I was doing some sewing yesterday afternoon while Bryan had the kids outside, when Kaden came in and said, "Mommy." "Yes Kaden," I replied. "Mary-Kate threw up. It was a lot." Oh my gosh! I jumped up and ran to the back door in time to see Bryan leading MK inside covered in throw up. Poor baby! He said that she had been in the swing, so we thought perhaps she just had some motion sickness. I prayed that was all it was, because I HATE tummy bugs! They are so contagious and make everyone miserable!

After we cleaned her up and changed her clothes, she was back outside running around and playing like nothing had happened. We thought we were in the clear until she started throwing up again later. I will spare you the details, but it was not the last time for her to get sick that night. It was weird though, because after she threw up she would be playing and giggling like nothing had happened. She only acted sick right before she threw up. Fortunately, she slept completely through the night and has kept down her toast and gatorade this morning. Perhaps it was something she ate instead of a virus. Only time will tell!

Today was Kaden's first field trip. Since MK was sick, Bryan was able to come stay with her while I went to the pumpkin patch with his class. He was so excited, it was so cute to see. It just made him seem so grown up to participate in a field trip. He was very well behaved and sweet. I didn't stay for the whole time since Bryan needed to get back to work, but as I left they were picking out pumpkins to bring home! I'm sure he will be so proud of the pumpkin he picks!

Giddy with excitement!

Story time.

Listening to the pumpkin stories.

Learning about the different kinds of pumpkins.

And getting to feel them.

Picking up the little pumpkins.

Hugging the big ones!

So proud. He found a good one!

Trying to find the big pumpkins!

Kaden and his class.

The class with their teacher. (She's awesome!)

MK at home this morning. I told her to say cheese and she gave me her best sick face. Lol!

There's my sweet girl! (She has been insisting on wearing her rain jacket around the house lately.)

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

Addi did the same thing back in August..Threw up on and off for about 2 days. She never acted like she felt bad, and she always went right back to playing after she puked?? It was so strange! Glad MK seems to be feeling better!!

Kade looks like he had so much fun on his field trip- Too cute!!