Kaden was so excited to be there and to see everything. It was priceless! The first thing we did was take a ride on Thomas. It was about a 30 minute ride and the kids were both really good. MK got a little restless towards the end, but it was still fun. After our ride, we went and met and got our picture with Sir Topham Hatt. Thankfully, the rain had slowed to a drizzle. I didn't think it would go over well as even Santa Claus can leave my kids in tears, but Kade loved him! He even gave him a high five. I was shocked. MK on the other hand, well...let's just say I have no hopes of her getting a picture with Santa again this year!
After we met Sir Topham Hatt it was off to the enormous gift shop. We had set aside some money for Kaden to get something special. This place was a Thomas Fan's dream. Thomas was everywhere...backpacks, flashlights, shirts, toys, tracks, movies, and even toothbrushes! Anything that you could want that was Thomas related was there. Kaden and MK both had such a great time looking. They were so excited and they were so good too. There were parents dragging kids out left and right that were screaming at the top of their lungs because they couldn't have something. Kaden never acted up once. He was happy to look at everything and play at the train tables. We ended up getting him a Shirt and a Lunchbox complete with dual sandwich holder and thermos!
Finally it was time for the big moment. It was time to get the kids' picture with Thomas. This is when it started to POUR rain again! Big, thick drops coming down on us. Kaden was beside himself to see Thomas up close, but MK was not having any of the magical moment. Lol! She was getting tired and hungry and now was getting wet! We snapped some pictures and then ran for cover again. There was so much more that we wanted to do, but we decided that it would be best for all of us if we went ahead and left. I was kind of bummed that we didn't get to do everything but the rain and cold just wasn't good for the kids. Kaden was great though, and never cried once when we left. He was just so excited for the whole experience. I was so proud of him. It was a great day for him!
We left Burnet and then drove to Llano and ate lunch at the Pizza Hut there. MK had had a good nap in the car and we had dried off and warmed up some. We ate a really yummy meal and then headed the rest of the way home. Although it was a quick trip it was worth it. I hope that we can do this again another time. Yes, I have pictures...yes, there are a lot of them! I will not apologize for my many pictures! :o) This was a great weekend, and worth remembering.
The Conductor













6 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and Kaden's face is too dang cute! He looked so excited!!
Great pictures and sounds like a great trip! I love Kade's excitement. You are right about the pic of Mary-Kate. So beautiful. I also like the one of MK and your mom and of Kaden asleep. Sleeping kids are so sweet.
Looks like y'all had alot of fun. We took Sean when he was Kade's age except it was in Austin. Seems like it was kind of rainy that day too! Did you know my mother's family is from Llano. You just keep doing things that fit in with my family's history :-)
Holy cow! That looks so exciting in wore me out just reading ab it! Kade looks SOOO happy and thrilled to see everything.
I agree that MK looked just like him in that pic in the carseat! Love her little ringlets too!! SO cute
That looks like so much fun! :) I love Kaden's engineer hat. You and Brian are such great parents. You make lots of memories for your kids and they're FUN memories.
Looks like SUCH a great time!! Love the pics!!
Post a Comment