Thursday, October 8

Random Pics and Updates!

We are gearing up for a busy and fun weekend around here. This weekend is ASU's homecoming, so we are going to the pep rally and bonfire tomorrow night. This is one of my favorite things since I was a cheerleader back in the day. The kids enjoy watching all the action and dancing to the music. Obviously, a big ball of fire has it's draws too! :)

Saturday morning we are getting up early and going to Austin. We will be meeting my parents and Uncle Jeff for lunch. Then, after a quick nap at the hotel we will head out to Bastrop to spend time with more of our family that lives there. They raise Alpaca's amongst other things, so we hope the kids have a great time seeing all of the animals. It will also be fun to have a mini-family reunion as we bar-b-que and share stories! After we spend time with the family, we will head back to our hotel for a good night's rest.

Sunday morning, we will head to Burnet to do something Kaden has been waiting for a loooooooooooooooooooong time to do!!! He is so excited he can barely contain himself. We are going to ride on Thomas the Train!! He has been so patient and he has been cracking us up when he prays because he will say, "Thank you God for Thomas, but not yet." There are going to be so many fun things to do besides just riding on the train. They have train tables and leggos to play on, temporary tattoos they give, and they even get to meet Sir Topham Hatt. I will most definitely be taking a lot of pictures to share with y'all after the weekend is over!

This week has been a good one. The weather has been fabulous as most days have been dark and cool. We have been able to spend good times with friends as well as go to story time at the Library yesterday. Kaden did wonderfully at gymnastics today and made us very proud. I'm so glad our experience has been so much better the last two times! I took these pics on Bryan's iphone, so they are semi blurry...

Kaden is the one in the blue shirt and red shorts.

He was really timid on this part. But he did it!

And loved it! Kept cutting in line to do it over again! We'll have to work on that.

He was so proud!

Future gymnast? I'm just not sure! :)

On Tuesday I got my hair cut. I wanted something different than normal and I actually like it. I think it's fun. I need to figure out how to style it better on my own though. Lol!



The kids are growing and changing right in front of our eyes. Mary-Kate is saying so many words now it still blows my mind. She is doing great in her big girl bed too. I don't think she was my baby long enough. Kaden is really learning his letters at school and even how to write his name. He is also singing in the choir on Wednesday nights at church. It is so fun to watch him do a lot more independently. I am currently debating on what they can be for Halloween. Anyways, that's about all that's going on around here. I will update on our weekend soon! I will leave y'all with a picture of the spider that was in our backyard this past week. Although I googled it, and it is "harmless," Kaden had to throw something and make him run, so now I am scared of where he might be! Ha!

4 comments:

Karen said...

We took Michael to see Thomas 2 weekends ago and he loved it! They really had tons of stuff to do there for the kids and I thought it was pretty neat too.

*Kc* said...

Whew sounds like you have a busy weekend planned!!

I hear of a lot of little boys getting to see Thomas soon! =) Cami doesn't even know who he is..such a girl lol.

I already said it, but love your hair. Oh and EW that spider!! Good pic though.

Lara said...

That is a banana spider which I'm sure you know by now. haha! We were at my grandparents last summer and saw one of these and Carlie knew exactly what it was and that it was harmless. I have no idea where she gets all of her information from. I hope you have a great weekend!!!

Shaunna said...

EEEWWW! That spider looks kinda scary!! (I'm not a fan of spiders either!)

Sounds like ya'll are going to have a great weekend- Have fun!!