Monday, October 19

Little bit of this...little bit of that...

Wow, it's Monday again already. Crazy how fast time flies! I have been working hard again as I have a show coming up in a few weeks. It's a really big show in Abilene and I am very excited about it. It is 4 days (Thursday-Sunday) and is normally very well attended. In fact, I have been many times before, even when I was younger. My Mom, Dad, and Bryan are all going to help me out by tag teaming time in my booth, and time with the kids. For those in the area that would be interested in coming, it is the Annual Christmas Carousel put on by the JSL of Abilene. The dates are November 5th-8th.

The kids are doing great. Thankfully, they have stayed well amongst all the sickness going around. It seems that they are both learning more every day. Kade was impressing me with his alphabet skills at the dinner table last night. He can spell his name, and he is able to tell me what letter some words start with. I look forward to working more on his letters and seeing what else he can spell. He gets to go on his first field trip tomorrow at school. They are going to the pumpkin patch. I'm excited for him! He has turned into a bright pre-schooler in front of my eyes and it leaves me in shock sometimes. I know kindergarten will be here as quick as lightning and I'm not ready for that!

Mary-Kate is talking up a storm. She speaks very clearly and says a lot of words. She can now tell us the sounds a dog, cat, horse, cow, snake, sheep, lion, and bear make. It is pretty cute to watch. I will have to get it on video soon. She is doing great with her big girl bed too. She goes right to sleep at both nap time and bed time, and we never have problems with her playing in the night. I can't believe this transition was so easy for both of my kids.

Halloween is coming up and I am having fun thinking of costume ideas and planning our College/Career Halloween party. It is one of my favorite times of year, and I love this stuff! I have been trying to think of a cheap way to dress the kids (and Bryan and me) and think I have come up with an idea for the them. I will be trying to make their costumes to save money. I think they are going to be Mickey and Minnie Mouse. More on this later! :o)

Ok, I really need to get back to work, but wanted to post some random updates and pics!

So, I went to check on Kade in the bathroom the other day and when I opened the door I found him wearing this. Lol! He had snuck into my office and stolen it!

That same night I realized MK was wearing Kade's old jammies that look kind of boyish. I think she pulls it off though.

Kade was proud to dress himself this morning like usual. I try not to cringe and let him have freedom in expressing himself through his dress...unless we have to go somewhere! Haha!

Playing around this morning!

Brother and Sister!

They actually stayed still for a minute.

So MK was playing in the cup drawer while I was washing the dishes during lunch. When I looked down I realized she had done this.

MK looked so cute in her big girl bed!

We had our first fire last week when it was colder. The kids thought it was pretty cool.

I love fires!

Wrestling with Daddy!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I love MK in her big girl bed. Connor likes to sleep across the pillows too. Not so fun when he has an accident though! Do you love Kaden's preschool? I'm getting there now that we moved him but yesterday we ran into his old teacher--very awkward!

Lara said...

So cute! I love the idea of Minnie/Mickey costumes! I think you can do it. I think you knew this but both of my girls have that same bedding set! lol. Good luck with the show next week!

Chris and Carolee said...

Chris and I have some great FLDS coustumes if you and Brian would like borrow them. Just a thought. I also have pirate stuff and doctor stuff.

connie said...

I don't know what had me giggling more Kade withthe beanie or MK in the drawer. They are so cute and getting so big.