So today was another one of those experiences where my kid is about to have a meltdown in a restaurant. I am probably over exaggerating a little because my hormone level is high and stress gets me down easily, but he was still being loud! It was one of those experiences where you give him his juice and he says no! Give him a cracker and he says no! Give him a crayon and he throws it on the floor. Aaaggh! What do I do? I really want to spare myself the embarrassment of a public tantrum. So, the waitress then brings out the chips and salsa. He starts saying "Chip, chip, chip." Ok, he wants a chip, but not only does he want the chip, he wants the salsa too! I let him dip his chip in the salsa and then taste it. Mmmm, success! Before I know it, all is quiet and everyone is happy again. I look at my funny boy who is sitting their happily eating a chipful of salsa! Who would've known that all it takes to keep my boy quiet are condiments? Lol! Seriously! We have learned that Kade is much more pleasant and happy at meal times if he has his condiments. You name it...ketchup, ranch, peanut butter, honey mustard, butter, salsa...and the list goes on! We can sometimes avoid the drama altogether if we just have his condiment ready to dip in! His favorite is by far the ketchup. I guess he is going to take after his mother in that! :o)
Friday, April 11
Condiments...
So today was another one of those experiences where my kid is about to have a meltdown in a restaurant. I am probably over exaggerating a little because my hormone level is high and stress gets me down easily, but he was still being loud! It was one of those experiences where you give him his juice and he says no! Give him a cracker and he says no! Give him a crayon and he throws it on the floor. Aaaggh! What do I do? I really want to spare myself the embarrassment of a public tantrum. So, the waitress then brings out the chips and salsa. He starts saying "Chip, chip, chip." Ok, he wants a chip, but not only does he want the chip, he wants the salsa too! I let him dip his chip in the salsa and then taste it. Mmmm, success! Before I know it, all is quiet and everyone is happy again. I look at my funny boy who is sitting their happily eating a chipful of salsa! Who would've known that all it takes to keep my boy quiet are condiments? Lol! Seriously! We have learned that Kade is much more pleasant and happy at meal times if he has his condiments. You name it...ketchup, ranch, peanut butter, honey mustard, butter, salsa...and the list goes on! We can sometimes avoid the drama altogether if we just have his condiment ready to dip in! His favorite is by far the ketchup. I guess he is going to take after his mother in that! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing. And that is so funny that Kade likes to dip his food in so many different things. I love it. Evan is still offended if I put jelly on his toast, and I'm sure it would ruin a perfectly good french fry to dunk it in ketchup. :)
Post a Comment