Tuesday, January 6

Mary-Kate Update

I have been meaning to post an 8 month update on Mary-Kate, but things have been a little crazy the past couple of days. Poor Mary-Kate woke up with a fever on Monday morning, and has not been feeling good ever since. When her fever spiked late this afternoon, I took her in to see the pediatrician just in case it was an ear infection. Kade had a bunch of ear infections when he was a baby, but thankfully MK hasn't had one! Apparently she has some type of viral infection so we pretty much have to wait it out. I hope she is feeling better soon. She played her "Princess, Drama-Queen" role very well and screamed and threw a fit any time the nurse got near her. She always has a tendency to be over dramatic, but I guess she had a good reason today. The poor thing had 102.9 fever when the nurse took it! She also screamed her little head off when the nurse weighed her. She has been freaking out when we lay her down ever since she got her fever, hence the reason we thought it might be her ears. Anyways, the chunky little monkey weighs 20 lbs!! She is growing so big and strong!

So, on to the 8 month update I have been meaning to post...Other than this little sick spell, MK is doing really well. She is still my little spit-fire girl, and I find myself worrying about her teenage years at times. She is so precious though, and she loves to make you smile and laugh at her. She is beginning to experiment with all of her consonant sounds, and she is so close to saying (knowing) Mama and Dada! We will say, "Where is Mama?" And sometimes she will look at me and say Ma Ma. (Same with Dada for Bryan.) She is clapping her hands and is thinking about waving bye bye! Her mouth is pouring drool again and she is moving her tongue in this certain way that makes us think she might be teething. We don't see any that have cut yet, so it is still just 8 for now. MK is a professional cruiser and crawler and will let go and stand by herself for a few seconds too. We just laugh at her, because she is at that stage where she will stand by herself until she notices she isn't holding on to something. I hope we have a few more months of freedom before she walks.

Speaking of walking, we bought MK new shoes at the beginning of December, because she had outgrown her old ones. Well, we had been noticing that after a few weeks she was fussing every time we put them on and balling up her foot to where we couldn't get them on. I decided it was time for new shoes again, and when we measured her foot, the poor thing was a size 4. The other shoes were size 3. No wonder she was fussing!! I am so amazed at how fast she is growing! These past 8 months have been wonderful! I am so thankful for both of my little ones! Does it ever slow down???

I took a few pics of the kids tonight. MK still has a mild fever, but she finally seemed to be feeling better!

My little man!

Big Smile! (Notice the bib and all the drool?)

Great friends and playmates!

This one cracks me up! Kade is so sneaky!!

Look at that tongue!

5 comments:

Christine said...

It's so hard to believe she's 8 months old already. Where does the time go? She is a doll! It looks like she's getting to be at the age/size where it's actually fun for her and Kade to play together. I bet it's fun for you to watch.

Shaunna said...

MK is a cutie- So sorry she is not feeling well!

Addi is a little shrimp compared to Mary Kate...She will be 8 months on the 20th of this month She weighs 16 pounds and can only fit into size 1-2 shoes!! It's so funny how each baby is different!!

Hope your sweet girl starts feeling better soon!!

Ashley said...

Aw, poor Mk. Hope she feels better real soon! They are both getting too big!

Lara said...

MK sounds a lot like Jacelyn in regards to size. She is so cute and I love the ear pulling picture! I can't believe she's almost 8 months old. She is right on the same path as Carlie was with milestones and Carlie started walking at 9 months so I have no doubt MK will be walking by 9-10 months!

Deborah said...

Okay how can she be such a big girl when Connor is still my baby?! I can't believe she is standing so well. I love to see her and Kade together. He is such a sweet big brother!