I have also enjoyed more time in the kitchen lately since I have been feeling better this week. I have been working really hard on preparing yummy and healthy meals for us. One of my favorite things that I have done this week has been making zucchini and squash fries. I just slice them up, season them, and bake them in the oven! So tasty!! Sometimes I add onions for a different flavor too. Now that Kade is actually eating better, it is my goal to get him to eat more veggies! I am so proud of him for trying and eating the things we put on his plate! Bryan gave me the Biggest Loser Cookbook for Christmas and I have found some great recipes in that one and the Weight Watchers Cookbook as well. One thing that I really enjoy is going to the store and finding things that will be good for my family. I love how our shopping has evolved over the years and am proud of how we are more healthy now. I know we still have a long ways to go, but it's great to see progress in an area you really work hard at. Bryan didn't even eat vegetables when we got married, and now he will even take second helpings of them.
The kids are doing well. MK has had a runny nose the past few days, but it has been accompanied by drooling and chewing, so maybe it's a result of teething? Who knows with that girl. She has mastered the wave this week and loves how she can get a reaction out of people just by moving her hand around. She has been using the sign for "milk," but I think she is beginning to pick up on the sign for "more" too. She has the most shrill scream that can just about drive you mad, so we are hoping she quickly learns this sign instead of demanding her next bite so vocally. She is getting a lot more daring with her steps. She can stand for much longer periods of time but hasn't quite figured out her balance when stepping. I am still in awe of how fast she is progressing in every way, and wonder where my baby went.
Kaden is way into reading right now. He begs to be read to all day long and has even started telling us his stories from memory. I love this and hope that he continues to like books as he gets older. Walden Books went out of business in our mall and we took advantage of the sale prices and got him a ton of new books. He was in love! He has carried them from room to room looking through them and "reading" and even has to sleep with them. His language skills are rapidly developing as well. It was just yesterday that we were having a conversation and it struck me that I could understand every word he said. It has been sweet to pray with him too. We have been focusing on telling God things we were thankful for. Every night he tells God that these things make him happy: Evan (his friend from church), candy, Momma, Daddy, Mary-Kate, Ya Ya, and Granddad. I can't help but crack up that candy always makes the list before his family! We usually only give him candy for going potty on the big boy potty, or for special occassions. I love that he thinks it is worthy of prayer. I was talking with Bryan about how I really look forward to watching his relationship with the Lord grow.
Ok, now that I have typed a ton, I will share some pictures from our week.
Getting ready for our bike ride.

I love how she holds his hand. I have never seen two kids be so sweet to each other so much!

Kaden helping Daddy rake leaves in the backyard. He is actually a good help to Bryan!

He spotted me taking his pic!

He just had to show me his fun garden gloves! Oh, and please ignore his mismatched shorts and t-shirt. When he awoke from his nap, he had re-dressed himself.

The beautiful roses Bryan brought me this week, just because he loves me. :o)

MK's latest thing is putting her food in her hair!

She is totally orange from her carrots.

She loves to be silly and get a laugh out of you. We can rarely resist her!

Oy!

I love how she holds his hand. I have never seen two kids be so sweet to each other so much!
Kaden helping Daddy rake leaves in the backyard. He is actually a good help to Bryan!
He spotted me taking his pic!
He just had to show me his fun garden gloves! Oh, and please ignore his mismatched shorts and t-shirt. When he awoke from his nap, he had re-dressed himself.
The beautiful roses Bryan brought me this week, just because he loves me. :o)
MK's latest thing is putting her food in her hair!
She is totally orange from her carrots.
She loves to be silly and get a laugh out of you. We can rarely resist her!
Oy!
7 comments:
Your kids are so precious. I can just see y'all riding around Southland (hope that's not TMI)laughing and having fun. We've got nice weather too but with the drought our backyard is solid dirt-yuck! I'm still hoping for a road trip up there, but right now I'm concentrating on NOT spending money and paying off debt. Speaking of, how is Dimples and Dots going? I'm seriously thinking about doing something like that except T-shirts I design, but I have a hard time starting things.
How cute! Yay for the nice weather, huh?? You know I am loving it, of course! ;) Love me some sunshine!!!
LOVE the picture of MK and Kade holding hands before the bike ride...So precious!!!
Seems like Mary Kate and Addi need to get together sometime...I think they would have lots of fun making each other laugh:) Silly girls!!
You'll have to share some of those recipes...I'm always looking for something new and healthy to cook!
Great updates and pics! I'm so happy you all are doing well. :)
So cute! It's crazy how big they both are now! I'm not really that jealous of your weather. lol. Although I don't love it being only 26 degrees here, I would rather it be about 70! 85 seems too hot right now! That's swimming pool weather and I'm NOT ready for that yet! hehe.
Thanks for the update! I have been missing you! Love, annette
Hey Jan, I know what you mean about blogging...I can't see to find time for upates and I DON'T have two kids haha. Sooo the 85 degree weather changed fast huh? Our HIGH today was 29!! Those squash fries sound so good - I'm gonna have to try them! That's so good that Kade likes to read and Mary Kate seems like she's going to be a super smart one herself. Have a good week!
Post a Comment