This has been a fun holiday! Last night we went to my parent's house where we spent the evening in our pajamas visiting and watching the Dick Clark show to bring in the New Year. A family friend from San Marcos is staying with my parents and it was nice to catch up with her. Donnalynn even brought her too beautiful dogs. Kade has loved playing with them and watching everything they do. We let Kaden stay up a lot later than usual and we even did some sparklers in the backyard. Kade called them little fireworks and he was very excited! We explained to him all the rules and monitored him carefully, but he did great. I was so proud of him. Mary-Kate called it a night very early and slept through all the fun.
Today, we split up and the girls went shopping while the boys took the kids to the park. I always forget how much I love shopping! It has been so long since I have been on my own with plenty of time to look without someone crying or trying to run off! I'm so thankful that Bryan loves to spend time with the kids and give me time on my own too. Dillard's had some amazing deals and I got a ton of stuff for the kids for next winter and Christmas. I saved so much money too, which is always exciting.
I hope everyone else has had a nice New Year. Can y'all believe it's 2009? Weird! Here are some pics from our evening last night.
2 comments:
Janet,
I added you to my blog, thanks for responding. Your blog is so neat. I need to figure out how to do the scrapbooking background. I am still so new to all of it.
See you Sunday!
hey jan!
so i've just been looking at the list on the side of my blog to see if you've posted a new blog, but your new ones weren't showing up..maybe cause it was private. annnyways i just read ALL the ones i'd missed ha! it looks like you guys had some awesome times over the holidays!! i know what we'll be playing next time we come visit =D. oh and i still love your christmas eve tradition! talk to you later!
Post a Comment