Saturday, January 10

Still Sick

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. I wish I could say we are all doing better, but we are not. MK has begun to feel worse again. She spent most of yesterday sleeping and then her fever went back up again last night. Kade is sick now too. They both have a runny nose, sneezing, coughing thing going on. Kade woke up in the middle of the night with 101.8 fever, but fortunately it is down today. The thing that has us worried is that the coughing and sneezing sounds like barking, which I know is one of the signs of croup. I feel so bad for them. It's weird to me that they have been so sick twice in a few months time because Kade rarely gets sick like this.

Unfortunately, I am not feeling better anymore either. I was in severe pain again last night especially in my neck and shoulders, but thankfully didn't have all of the symptoms from Wednesday night either. I am still nauseous though, and do have the upper abdominal pain. I still am not convinced it is a stomach bug, because I have never had a bug like this, and it seems that my family would have the same thing as me. (We like to share everything!) I am very thankful that Bryan rarely gets sick and he is doing great. He is such a great Dad and husband and has been taking care of us sickies! Anyways, we appreciate your prayers and hope that we are all feeling better soon!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so sorry you are still sick. I've been praying for you. Let me tell you what worked when Connor had Croup--both times. Our hot water is anything but steaming, so instead I sat in his room in the rocking chair and put a warm mist humidifier right by the side I held him on. Both times within no more than on hour he was asleep with no more wake-ups (I left the humidifier on). Both times it was just the one night and the one wake-up. Hope EVERYONE gets better tonight!

Donna/Ellie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this :( I'm glad you and the kiddos are feeling better but how awful! I will say a prayer that you can get some answers from a dr with perhaps a little sympathy. Hang in there!

Shaunna said...

Janet,
Thanks so much for the bow info. I have looked at your website, and all your stuff is really cute!! Hopefully I can give it a try sometime soon!!

Hope you guys are feeling better!!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches the Bachelor;)