Wednesday, January 28

My Little Helper

One of the best things about Kade is his helpful nature. He loves to be apart of the things, and he truly surprises me with what all he can do. Tonight, Bryan and I were discussing things we want to teach our kids as they grow up, and the subject of chores came up. I sometimes think Kade is still my baby, but I need to step back more and see the big boy that is emerging. I think I underestimate the things he can do. I want to make sure I am challenging him and helping him to learn more things. (Btw, the boy shocked me today at nap time when we were reading a story about numbers and he could count to 10 and identify the numbers. He has only been counting to 5 before then, and he usually left the #4 out.) Anyways, I decided to let him help me with the dishes tonight. He was so excited! One of his favorite things in the world is to have a bath, and he even turned that down to finish washing the dishes. If only that would last well into his teenage years! Ha!

We got some pictures of Kaden's first time doing the dishes. Isn't his little tummy the cutest? He was about to have a bath, so that is why he is in his diaper. Oh, and ignore the mess that I am. I got in comfy jammies and started a fire after being out and about all morning long. It has been freezing with snow, rain, and ice.





6 comments:

London said...

How cute is he? I love his big cheesy smile. Elijah loves to help out around he house too, I hope it lasts!

Ashley said...

Will you send him over to do dishes for me?!?! Lol. Too Cute ;)

Shaunna said...

Yay Kade! Way to wash those dishes! And yes, his little belly poking out is too cute! ;)

Kasey Gonzales said...

aw how cute..if only belly's were still cute as we got older =). you know i used to love doing dishes when i was little too - still don't HATE it but it's not like yay i get to wash dishes! i have a feeling you and bryan are going to raise some very non-selfish, sweet kids =). and yes MK and connor need to hang out!! we all do =)

Cami said...

AWWWW- so sweet!! Seth helped me dust the coffee table tonight and was SOOO proud of himself! He loves dishes too..sometimes it leaves a bigger mess to clean up afterwards, but you are right, it's precious ;) Lets definitely pray helping out is a lasting trait!! love ya girl ;)

Christine said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie pie helper you have there. My kids like to help with the laundry. I take advantage of that. LOL.
BTW, I gave you an award, you can go get it from my blog.