Tonight, for the second time in two weeks, MK has hurt herself pretty good. She was trying to jump off a bench, just like her brother when she face planted on the pavement. I still don't know how it happened, as my Dad and I were right there with her the whole time. (Talk about guilty mommy complex!) :( Anyways, the poor thing ripped her frenulum and was bleeding everywhere. (Last week it was her finger which bled like crazy.)
We had gone to dinner tonight with my family and were hanging outside waiting on the rest of everyone to pay the bill when it happened. I had no idea what to do as blood was pouring out everywhere, so I ran inside to the bathroom to grab something but some dumb lady was in my way and wouldn't move. I then ran to find Bryan to try and get a wipe. By this time, blood was all down my arm and all over MK and she was screaming her head off. The hostesses and waitresses were so nice though. They ran and brought me a towel and some ice and were all asking how they could best help us.
After all the chaos we finally made it home where MK ran around like it was no big deal. She did start bleeding again at one point, but it wasn't for very long. We couldn't get ahold of our pedi, and everything I googled said that it was very common and not much we could do, so we gave her a good dose of tylenol and put her to bed! She is sleeping just fine at this point!
Anyways, I was going to blog about our awesome day, but this is what was on my mind right now. It stinks seeing your kid sick or hurt! I just hope that I won't have to write any more posts like this any time soon! Sheesh!

1 comment:
oh my goodness. I've never heard of someone tearing their frenulum. Ouch! So sorry that happened. She is definitely keeping you on your toes. :)
Post a Comment